20 - Sergi Roberto

BusiTheKing

He could have been one of best MF if coaches developed him into that role, instead, his potential is wasted by Lucho and EV IMO.

One of his main misfortunes was that around the time we started phasing him in for real in the 13/14 season, the consensus what that Xavi didn't offer enough in terms of end product any more. We needed new ideas. Something more direct. In Roberto's 17 Liga appearances that season, he didn't really show that he had that dimension. Mainly because he was young and inexperienced and played things safe being reluctant to try much going forward, I believe.

He was deemed another passer and represented the style that had gotten us into a creative crisis at the moment. Of course everyone neglected to notice what he did bring in terms of movement, distribution and control because it taken as a given back then. Well, look as us now.

As soon as he realized that he could actually bring some much needed responsibility in terms of the creative burden, though, he started looking like a real prospect. If he had gone out with that mentality back then, I strongly believe that he would be our main guy in midfield right now.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
Yes, that pass was atrocious. But, quite rare coming from him. His passing and dribbling has not been quite as good as usual the last few games. Still, with his hustle, crazy bravery, physicality and athleticism, it is essential to have him on the field. He provides things that are a bit lacking from the rest of the squad.

Sorry but these reckless passes are becoming his flamin trademark .. I'd say he does them at least one every two games .
Against PSG away last season - he made THREE horrendous suicide passes

ASordidGod

Been pretty meh recently imo. Like a few of our players in fairness. Would like to see Semedo play today though for sure. Hopefully he can play well and put some pressure on Roberto.

behindbrowneyes

Been pretty meh recently imo. Like a few of our players in fairness. Would like to see Semedo play today though for sure. Hopefully he can play well and put some pressure on Roberto.

Pretty much overplayed. Definitely one of the players who runs most and very intensively.

Gilberto

The first part about him moving from the right half space into the center of the pitch was interesting in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans