20 - Sergi Roberto

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Semedo is tiers above him defensively speaking and way better at recovering against pacy wingers. Roberto should be playing where Paulinho played if EV is still against Dembele, he's actually fit for that spot.

gatsu

Gargage as an RB. In Valverde 442 paulinho role will perfectely suits him. Semedo/roberto and be done with the right side issue.

JamDav1982

Semedo is tiers above him defensively speaking and way better at recovering against pacy wingers. Roberto should be playing where Paulinho played if EV is still against Dembele, he's actually fit for that spot.

He isnt.

Quicker to get back but Semedo looks suspect defensively plenty.

Being massively over rated as some great defender so far to try and make a point about Roberto.

Faceless

No more faces at night
He isnt.

Quicker to get back but Semedo looks suspect defensively plenty.

Being massively over rated as some great defender so far to try and make a point about Roberto.

But shouldn’t we at least develop Semedo too? We’re forgetting that Alba used to be not consistently great for us before to the point where we kept playing Adriano and Abidal (when he wasn’t out for health issues) BUT WE KEPT PLAYING HIM. And that was when Alba was fresh from Valencia.

ASordidGod

Lost his end product in recent weeks. And that pass at the end was atrocious. But he wasn't awful by any means. Doesn't help having no-one on right to link with.

gatsu

It's not about being good or bad defensively. Roberto is lacking rb criteria specialy in terms of positioning, mouvements and decision making.

JamDav1982

But shouldn’t we at least develop Semedo too? We’re forgetting that Alba used to be not consistently great for us before to the point where we kept playing Adriano and Abidal (when he wasn’t out for health issues)

Would say have been trying to develop him and he has played in something like close to 30 games this season I think.

If he is not showing enough only so much can rely on that argument.

Abidal was never really playing LB ahead of Alba who even though inconsistent was far better at that point than Semedo has been this season.

jairzinho

Tried to outdo Gomes infamous cross with a shocking one of his own.

Other than that he offered nothing of substance.

clemente

When people say he is better offensively, what exactly does he do there in the offense that is so good? I don't remember him doing a dribble or even an overlapping run on the wing the last 6 games.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Would say have been trying to develop him and he has played in something like close to 30 games this season I think.

If he is not showing enough only so much can rely on that argument.

Abidal was never really playing LB ahead of Alba who even though inconsistent was far better at that point than Semedo has been this season.

But isn’t this his first season though? Wouldn’t playing more improve him? It’s definitely less than 30 games more like 20 games.. It’s mind boggling how we are in this position now. I don’t understand how Semedo’s form dropped this low.

5ergio_Busquets

When people say he is better offensively, what exactly does he do there in the offense that is so good? I don't remember him doing a dribble or even an overlapping run on the wing the last 6 games.
It's like Paulinho's famous "physical strength" and his amazing "finishing" in front of goal.

Leong157

He is not good at neither attack nor defend.

What he good at are link up play with other players to reduce pressure and make a run from middle of the pitch cuz he is a freaking MIDFIELD for god sake Valvedre.

Sorin

His only saving grace as a rb is wearing thin. He s been as average as fuck this year even in attack. He is merely ok which is not enough for a Barca rb. Like I said earlier today, we must develop Semedo or look for another rb. Roberto should not be our first choice rb next year, period.

Home of Barca Fans