20 - Sergi Roberto

Sorin

Was lucky his clearance wasn't rewarded with a penalty. Otherwise he is much better as a RCM or outright RM.

5ergio_Busquets

What on earth was he trying to do with that header back into the penalty area? What was he thinking?
Isn't the first time that he tries a stupid "clearance" like that.

Sorin

He's no fecking defender. He's caught out of position many times. And it's not his fault as he's not a defensive player. The best Roberto is mid Roberto as he's positioning when in defence doesn't cost us a direct 1-1 with the keeper. Playing him and a RB is still the best way to go forward until we have a proper RM/RW.

BBZ8800

On all topics people are mentioning Roberto as a midfielder.
Imo:
1. if he'll play well, he play as a RB 60-70% of time and he will rotate with Semedo forever.
We will just have good 2 RBs, and that's it.
From time to time, he will play a match or two as a Cm, Rm or a Rw, when we'll have lost of injuries.
2. if Semedo will improve, instead 70:30 time, he will play 50% of time and rotate with Roberto.

For guys who want him as a midfielder, he goes forward way too often.

In Ev's current 442, he could have played as a forward when we didn't have Coutinho and Dembele and when we played with Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic-Paulinho/Gomes and similar.
He offers a fresh spark and an attacking option in that system.

But now when we have too many attacking players in a team (Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Iniesta, Dembele), I don't think that Roberto is a good option anymore for a defensive CM.
He could be a RM instead of Dembele, but I guess that people see him as the next Rakitic.

Plus, not to mention that we have almost 10-15 midfield options:
1. Coutinho
2. Iniesta
3. Dembele
4. Rakitic
5. Paulinho
6. Gomes
7. Denis
8. Alena
9. Samper
10. Busquets
11. Oriol
12. Rafinha
13. Arthur
14. Messi dropping deep also
15. Sergi Roberto

I don't see too much sense in mentioning Roberto as a CM on so many topics.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If he has the ability to bring the ball forward (which is very rare in midfielders), it does not mean that "he goes forward too often". It's not a weakness, it's an advantage in Roberto's arsenal. Many teams would benefit from having a midfielder with the ability to carry the ball. And when it comes to Roberto, it's just evident that he possesses all the right skills to excel as a central mid. Stamina, dribbling, passing, touch, off-the-ball movement, and the intellect of course.

ebieymjunior

If he has the ability to bring the ball forward (which is very rare in midfielders), it does not mean that "he goes forward too often". It's not a weakness, it's an advantage in Roberto's arsenal. Many teams would benefit from having a midfielder with the ability to carry the ball. And when it comes to Roberto, it's just evident that he possesses all the right skills to excel as a central mid. Stamina, dribbling, passing, touch, off-the-ball movement, and the intellect of course.

This!

kattanib

On all topics people are mentioning Roberto as a midfielder.
Imo:
1. if he'll play well, he play as a RB 60-70% of time and he will rotate with Semedo forever.
We will just have good 2 RBs, and that's it.
From time to time, he will play a match or two as a Cm, Rm or a Rw, when we'll have lost of injuries.
2. if Semedo will improve, instead 70:30 time, he will play 50% of time and rotate with Roberto.

For guys who want him as a midfielder, he goes forward way too often.

In Ev's current 442, he could have played as a forward when we didn't have Coutinho and Dembele and when we played with Iniesta-Busquets-Rakitic-Paulinho/Gomes and similar.
He offers a fresh spark and an attacking option in that system.

But now when we have too many attacking players in a team (Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Iniesta, Dembele), I don't think that Roberto is a good option anymore for a defensive CM.
He could be a RM instead of Dembele, but I guess that people see him as the next Rakitic.

Plus, not to mention that we have almost 10-15 midfield options:
1. Coutinho
2. Iniesta
3. Dembele
4. Rakitic
5. Paulinho
6. Gomes
7. Denis
8. Alena
9. Samper
10. Busquets
11. Oriol
12. Rafinha
13. Arthur
14. Messi dropping deep also
15. Sergi Roberto

I don't see too much sense in mentioning Roberto as a CM on so many topics.

You forgot about Javi and Paul .. our 7 years old midfielders. Roberto has no chance.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Lucky not to be sent off in the first half. Referee would’ve most likely given him a deserved red if he had a clear view.

Home of Barca Fans