20 - Sergi Roberto

RMU ReBorn

I guess he has more appearance than Mats and will become first captian once Messi , Don , Busi and Pique retires

26804733_2010298255912390_2938653431414953715_n.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we should keep Roberto in midfield and just look for another RB this summer. Could be cheaper option too.

Can't think of any names besides Odriozola though.

Catta

Maybe we should keep Roberto in midfield and just look for another RB this summer. Could be cheaper option too.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe get some young defender that can play both RB and CD.

Pastore

Odriozola would be too expensive for a RB back up. As well i think he will receive offers where he would be a direct starter.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Odriozola would be too expensive for a RB back up. As well i think he will receive offers where he would be a direct starter.

Who said he would be a backup? We can mix it up with Semedo.
Having said that, it's a gamble as look what happened with wonder-defender Lemos.

Windhook

I'd prefer Barca to promote a guy like Sergi Palencia from Barcelona B. He can play both as RB and LB. Buying defenders for 40+ million every season is crazy.

Joan

I'd prefer Barca to promote a guy like Sergi Palencia from Barcelona B. He can play both as RB and LB. Buying defenders for 40+ million every season is crazy.

Yes, as JamDav said, he's nowhere near the level of the first team. Doubt he'll ever make it big, our brightest prospect on a RB is Mateu Morey who's 17 and it's tough to make any predictions.
That said, I think Bojan doesn't consider Semedo good enough so promoting an average replacement wouldn't do it.

BBZ8800

About ideas of Roberto in midfield, it is even less likely now.

Till now, we played 442 (without Coutinho and without injured Dembele) with:
1. Busquets
2. Iniesta
3. Rakitic
4. Paulinho/Gomes/Denis/Rafinha

And Roberto still didn't play as a midfielder.
Now, with Coutinho here, who will be a starter and with Dembele, whom people also see as a starter in 442, our midfield is too crowded and Roberto will be a RB again.

Imagine:
Busquets-Coutinho, Roberto, Dembele midfield.

That would a lineup with 3 new midfielders.
There is a zero chance that EV will kick out of a starting lineup 3 midfielders who brought him stability and +20 points over RM.

FCBfan22

1. Busquets
2. Iniesta
3. Rakitic

Now, with Coutinho here, who will be a starter and with Dembele, whom people also see as a starter in 442, our midfield is too crowded and Roberto will be a RB again.

Imagine:

There is a zero chance that EV will kick out of a starting lineup 3 midfielders who brought him stability and +20 points over RM.

Roberto can be used as a Dembele sub in RM position occasionally or start there in more defensive games. Otherwise, he will probably be the 1st choice RB except for the games, where we defend against incredibly pacey wingers.

The centre midfield roles are reserved for Busquets, Rakitić and Paulinho. Iniesta, Coutinho at LM.

Joan

The centre midfield roles are reserved for Busquets, Rakitić and Paulinho. Iniesta, Coutinho at LM.

a bit worried about that, play with 2 CMs, usually, Raki and Busq who'll tire sooner or later
nobody in the squad is capable of playing that kind of game

Xaviniesta

1. Busquets
2. Iniesta
3. Rakitic

Imagine:

Roberto played RM just a week ago against Betis and he was the most creative player in midfield

Home of Barca Fans