20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

I've been a fan of his for quite a while, but I did not expect him to progress beyond the squad-player level, useful but not a star. This year, you've got to say that he is playing brilliantly, he stands out even on a team of this quality.
To be fair you aren't the only one who thought this. I thought for sure myself back circa 2014 he would eventually be shipped off to a mid table La-Liga side as he didn't really show enough in the Midfield.

I mean if you compare him to the likes of the other youth products that have come through or were around his age like Thiago,Montoya,Bartra,Muniesa etc he wasn't anywhere as hyped up as those guys. But he ended up outlasting them all and ended up becoming such a key player for us.

Thiago left to join Pep at Bayern which proved to be a good move for him. with Montoya it's interesting how far he's fallen. At one point he was considered by a lot of people to be a better talent than Carvajal, as he was a starter ahead of Carvajal during the Spain U-21 sides.

But Carvajal worked hard and ended up becoming one of the best RB's in the world while Montoya's development stagnated and there were rumors that his attitude on the training pitch wasn't great either which left a sour impression on the coaches. He never reached those heights that a lot of people expected of him to reach.

Bartra was great with the B team but he never had the trust of the coaches like Pep,Tito,Tata and Lucho and it became apparent why. and Muniesa suffered some bad injuries and never could stay fit long enough either and he left to join stoke.

Devils

His renewal talk has been pretty quiet as of late...

I understand all the media hype around the Coutinho transfer, but hopefully they are making progress on Roberto.

Albo

What a shitfest by him on the second goal. By far the worst player in this game. Rakitic looks trash too and Gomes is lost. Paulinho will save us tho.

MessiTHEgoat

he's shit defensive-wise, nothing new.

valverde won't understand that playing him on midfield instead of rakitic or gomes he'll atleast do better than them. semedo's place in the barca's XI is a must. cuz he's simply a natural fullback.

Home of Barca Fans