20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

I hope him playing at RB today doesn't start a trend where Valverde has to shoe horn him into the starting lineup at the expense of Semedo. Valverde wants him to be happy and clearly rates him but it would suck if our real RB who we spent 30 million on rides the bench so both Rakitic and Roberto play.

Rakitic looks and plays like a Zombie these days. Slow and mentally out of it and he hardly brings anything to the Midfield, There's no logical reason he should be a starter still. The attributes he's suppose to be good at aka Energy,Muscle and work rate and defense? he hardly shows that anymore.

Roberto provides more to the Midfield than Rakitic at this point.

Rakitic is just another Arda Turan with more work rate. At the moment the only real quality midfielder apart from Busquets and Messi in our team is Alena. Sergi Roberto is far better than Rakitic though. Also think Denis, Gomes will improve and Paulinho will be good in a good system. But I don't think Valverde will provide them with a good system anyway. I think it will be again Messi and Busquets carrying the team individually with other quality signings improving them.

Last edited:

Jcar

Gomes, Paulinho are one of worst players to ever play for us i rather pick Rakitic than gomez Paulinho in the team

If he is so bad, why is he playing for the National Team with 41 games instead of Fabinho (Monaco), Fernandinho (City), Rafinha (Barcelona), Allan (Napoli) or even Danilo (Valencia)?

Is he really that bad? Did you see a lot of games from him?

clemente

He did a very bad mistake by trying to pressure the ball and he left the whole right side open, then Pique had to chase some pacewhore and it was supposed to end up 1-0, this is why Semedo is miles ahead of our any right backs..

Rakitic is just another Arda Turan with more work rate. At the moment the only real quality midfielder apart from Busquets and Messi in our team is Alena. Sergi Roberto is far better than Rakitic though. Also think Denis, Gomes will improve and Paulinho will be good in a good system. But I don't think Valverde will provide them with a good system anyway. I think it will be again Messi and Busquets carrying the team individually with other quality signings improving them.

Arda would be world class with Rakitic work rate.

Last edited:

gatsu

I fail to understand why people rate Roberto so high. What does he provide to the MF apart from a high work rate.

Roberto issues in the midfield are the same as in the rb position. He is all over the place, cant read the fow of the game, never well positioned and rarely create intervals.

He is like Matuidi but with less defensive skills.we had 4 coaches and no one saw roberto as a midfilder.

clemente

I fail to understand why people rate Roberto so high. What does he provide to the MF apart from a high work rate.

Roberto issues in the midfield are the same as in the rb position. He is all over the place, cant read the fow of the game, never well positioned and rarely create intervals.

He is like Matuidi but with less defensive skills.we had 4 coaches and no one saw roberto as a midfilder.

He does position himself well, and he can read the game, his RB problems are that he cannot attack or defend 1v1 and he isn't really pacey enough.

5ergio_Busquets

Roberto can make good runs with the ball, he has good ball control and decent dribbling, this can bed use to open spaces.
Problem is, he isn't brave enough to take the decision to make a dribbling run and he lacks speed.
His passing is not very good especially when it comes to forward passing and through balls.
In general he lacks personality and confidence to make decisions in the midfield, his positioning is not good and he can't defend.
I see more potential in Alena than i see in him.

Truthist

He had a good game in the opening game of the season in the middle of the park and even managed to score so next game where do you play him...at RB!!!

Only at Barca is this kind of sh1t happening, we need to let players flourish in their preferred positions and stop the 'square peg in a round hole nonsense'.

Last edited:

Truthist

Actually it's an obvious move so we can get The great Paulinho into the side. How else would he get in if Roberto does an admirable job as a midfielder?

Jombi

Busquets has never been in one of those teams.

Did they even have that in his breakthrough season?

Point is, to claim that Roberto has always played very bad in every RB game he has played is clearly exaggerated nonsense. I dont even get the point of bashing him for his RB performance yesterday either.

Home of Barca Fans