20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

He should be playing ahead of Rakitic.

Can't even think of anything Rakitic does anymore these days that would make him a starter over someone like Roberto.

BBZ8800

He is very good when he does those anger-solo runs.

But, other than that, imo, he is not good as a build up midfielder for 90 minutes.
He isn't a type of a player who will slowly build up and play against parked buses.

I see him as more useful in 442 as a right winger where he can run up and down more than as Barca's/Xavi's type of holding midfielder with 100 smart passes and good movement off the ball all the time.

Still, he offers more than Rakitic currently.
But that doesn't mean that our current midfielders are good.
It just means that some guys have slightly less horrible flaws than other guys.

From current players, Iniesta and Rafinha are closer to our type of midfielders. And Alena could turn into one.
Roberto is one "strange" type of running, hardworking and passionate (but not as good in build up) midfielder.

Last edited:

michelco

Don't let this guy go. The only one who cares. Even Busquets and Pique looked like they've checked out. I think it's an exciting idea from BBZ8800, let him play RW in a 4-4-2 with messi and suarez up top. It will bring some necessary balance and grit. Seeing as the team already have two players (messi and suarez) who refused to do any defensive work whatsoever, there is a need for some balance on the wing.

Interlop

I don't know why everyone praises him. He was bad last night, outplayed left and right. Only thing he did was that solo run in the second half that resulted in nothing. I know fans love him because of the remontada and because he's from La Masia but let's be honest he isn't World Class and shouldn't be a starter in a Barca midfield. None of our mids should start in our midfield. That said he's still better than Rakitic/Gomes/Rafinha.

Home of Barca Fans