20 - Sergi Roberto

dakt

I read on Sport, Valverde has been playing him in the Middle during training as a RCM.

well obviously since we have a RB now but good news nonetheless.

This is probably one of the most exciting news for me this season. I completely forgot how he looks in midfield.

CatalinR10

i rate him pretty high as a midfielder , sure barca could need a way better midfielder for a starting position but he is class

Devils

Yeah the buyout clause doesn't mean shit if the player himself doesn't want to leave.

That being said, Sergi needs a new contract and a much higher buyout.

God Serena

Wouldn't be surprised if he left.

If I were him I'd jump ship in a heartbeat. Not considered for a starting role in midfield, wasted an entire season out of position, probably able to start in midfield elsewhere... Logically speaking, him staying here is the dumbest move he could make for himself, if the opportunity to leave really does arise.

He was billed as the "Patient Midfielder" by a desperate board who likely had no idea what his actual qualities were at the time, but that was four years ago. Patience doesn't mean you'll wait until you die.

clemente

Lol he is the player that would never leave us, kinda like Messi, his buy out clause could be 100k I wouldn't care, some players play for money, some for the shirt.

God Serena

Lol he is the player that would never leave us, kinda like Messi, his buy out clause could be 100k I wouldn't care, some players play for money, some for the shirt.

And others just want to play. A team that'd spend 40m on him would certainly give him more time on the pitch in his preferred position than a team that had so little use for him they played him as RB for an entire season.

Albo

He could have left few years ago but no way he is leaving now when he is on the verge of breakthrough in our mid.

xXKonan

Went from being linked with the likes of Stoke city to Chelsea now.

:roberto:

I would guess if he did go to Chelsea to play under Conte, I wonder if he would be used as a RWB.

Home of Barca Fans