20 - Sergi Roberto

gasgas

He's good enough vs la liga teams
If howhe played yesterday is how he plays under pressure then i'd rather he doesnt become starting RB

BBZ8800

Roberto's mistake for a 1st goal is quite similar to mistakes from Mats against Celta.

It seems that a coach or someone has instructed our players NOT to give possession no matter what and then our players are making unneeded risk in dangerous areas.
I am not saying that we should kick the ball out 120 times per match, but if we have a ball let's say 100 times per match, the world WON'T end if in 2-3-4-5 extremely dangerous situations per match, our DEFENDERS and a GK just kick the ball in the opponent's half and take no risks.
In Rijkaard's era, Cdm Marquez or Edmilson, or fullbacks would just kick the ball upfield when it was dangerous.
Or Puyol, he kicked the ball upfield 100s of times in his career.
And we survived...
It is better to lose a few balls than to concede 1-2 goals out of nothing.

So, out of 100 actions:
-- we should play like Barca in 95 actions
-- and in 5 dangerous actions we can be somewhat pragmatic

Currently:
-- out of 100 actions, we keep possession no matter what in all 100 actions
-- and then we get fuckups like from Mats, Roberto, Busi etc

Again, when people says that Mats "needs" to have 100% passing accuracy, Roberto also etc...
Something has gone into extremes in the last 2 years with this passing nonsense.

I am not sure whether it came from Lucho, or from media, or from internet forums, it is hard to tell.
But Lucho and players have really started to adopt some of this nonsense lately.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Guys lets calm down and be fair. The amount of hate on this forum after ONE bad game is unbelievable.

1) We all know he is not a RB but he played GREAT until yesterday, as far as I am concerned he was one of our best players this season, he hasn't done ONE SINGLE mistake until yesterday.
2) I still believe he is a good all-round player, he can play as CM, AM and DM and also at RB. We need him no way we should sell him because ONE bad game.
3) To say he is not good enough in attack is wrong. His main problem is defense not attack.

Said that we all know we need a proper RB and that Sergi is midfielder. There is not one strong club in Europe that has no RB in their roster apart from us and that is beyond stupid, so blame board and Lucho for that. I hope they will fix that in January BUT to even put yourself in this position is BEYOND STUPID!

I would also like to emphasize that the way we play is the reason for many mistakes from our defenders this year. Until this year our midfield had majority of ball possession and this year it's our defense. To me that is clear signal something is wrong with our tactics and midfield not with our defense. It's just not normal that Ter Stegen and our entire defense has biggest amount of passes in every single game.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I trust Roberto, but he plays well only when he is rested. He shouldn't have played against Granada and he should have been subbed off yesterday because it clearly wasn't his day and he looked exhausted but of course we have no one the bench.

Last edited:

Narto

The guy isn't some talented genius that can just swap positions and in barely half a season play against some of the best in the world. Some say this was his first real test, you can also look at it and say this was his first experience as a right back against a really strong opposition. If people want him to stick as a right back, he needs some of these experiences before he can play well. In my book he plays way better as a right back than as a midfielder, and his midfield play, from an individual perspective, isn't better than that of our current midfielders.

nibarcafans

No player is exempt from making a mistake/having a bad game and that's all there was to it with Roberto last night. We certainly shouldn't write him off because of it. He'd handled the Athletico Madrid game well so he had been tested against strong opposition before last night, and he is still relatively new to the position so he's going to have peaks and troughs as he gets to grips with handling different players and systems he's going to come up against at right-back

Zincubus

Banned
Well I was one of many who criticised Sergie Roberto last night so I hope I wasn't the only one who got a warning for TROLLING !

MagIX

Yes, he had a bad game.
ABSOLUTELY no problem for me, it can happen. As RB, dispite not being his natual position, he delivered so great performances in many matches.

I am VERY VERY happy with him and proud of him.

serghei

Tbh I don't really care if it's not his natural position. That is irrelevant now. He's playing RB and he needs to do it very well. So far, in the biggest games he is pretty untested. I'll watch him carefully in the Clasico, see how he does with a team like Madrid. Defensively he's not too good imo if the opponent is high quality. Passing is good, his bursts of speed are awesome. Positioning in defence suffers though and in 1 on 1 it's too early to tell, because being Barca's starting RB is still something new for him.

Last edited:

NeyMesSis

First 35 minutes: amazing game! absolutely brilliant,

then after his mistake he was nervous and he had a bad game.

thats normal. he wil learn from his mistakes... lets go! I like him a lot, so intelligent. That ball over the defense to messi when suarez missed the header

Umtitol

he is a good midfielder. being found out as rb could happen, and it did. barca shouldn't have makeshift players. sergi does better in the middle, so get a proper wingback.

Jombi

he is a good midfielder. being found out as rb could happen, and it did. barca shouldn't have makeshift players. sergi does better in the middle, so get a proper wingback.

Yes, we all know "natural" full backs could never have a bad game. Alba has never had a bad game. Same with Marcelo. Or Bellerin. Ever. Always demand to sell or move position if a player has a bad game. He's had plenty of great games against Atletico, Sevilla, Villarreal etc but suddenly those teams are garbage and his performance against them is meaningless.

Last edited:

God Serena

Roberto's mistake for a 1st goal is quite similar to mistakes from Mats against Celta.

It seems that a coach or someone has instructed our players NOT to give possession no matter what and then our players are making unneeded risk in dangerous areas.
I am not saying that we should kick the ball out 120 times per match, but if we have a ball let's say 100 times per match, the world WON'T end if in 2-3-4-5 extremely dangerous situations per match, our DEFENDERS and a GK just kick the ball in the opponent's half and take no risks.
In Rijkaard's era, Cdm Marquez or Edmilson, or fullbacks would just kick the ball upfield when it was dangerous.
Or Puyol, he kicked the ball upfield 100s of times in his career.
And we survived...
It is better to lose a few balls than to concede 1-2 goals out of nothing.

So, out of 100 actions:
-- we should play like Barca in 95 actions
-- and in 5 dangerous actions we can be somewhat pragmatic

Currently:
-- out of 100 actions, we keep possession no matter what in all 100 actions
-- and then we get fuckups like from Mats, Roberto, Busi etc

Again, when people says that Mats "needs" to have 100% passing accuracy, Roberto also etc...
Something has gone into extremes in the last 2 years with this passing nonsense.

I am not sure whether it came from Lucho, or from media, or from internet forums, it is hard to tell.
But Lucho and players have really started to adopt some of this nonsense lately.

Interesting. So you think the blame for these mistakes falls more on Lucho and the way he wants the defense to play out from the back?

Home of Barca Fans