20 - Sergi Roberto

Qqqq

He's alright, but I think we've all come to terms with the fact that he is nothing special. He should definitely be loaned out or sold. If he reaches his full potential he could be a (semi)regular for, let's say, Juventus. But not here, no way.

DinhoR10

From what i've seen he'd probably own in the EPL, may not offer much creatively right now but with a creative midfield partner and industirous wingers/forwards he'd control the middle pretty well i'd think.

Alik

From what i've seen he'd probably own in the EPL, may not offer much creatively right now but with a creative midfield partner and industirous wingers/forwards he'd control the middle pretty well i'd think.

Owning the EPL is a stretch. He would probably have to set sights at a team like Stoke à la Bojan.

Alik

If Herrera can play for Man U at 25 i'm sure Sergi with more playing time could start for a top 5-7 epl team by that age.

You implied he'd own the EPL right now from what you've seen. Right now he is nowhere near as good, important or experienced as Herrera was for Bilbao. Right now he wouldn't start for a top 5 or 7 team let alone own the league. A couple of substitute appearances for Barca isn't enough.

We don't know how good he'll become in 2 years time given game time at another club. But until "owning the EPL", he'd have to become considerably better.

DinhoR10

You implied he'd own the EPL right now from what you've seen. Right now he is nowhere near as good, important or experienced as Herrera was for Bilbao. Right now he wouldn't start for a top 5 or 7 team let alone own the league. A couple of substitute appearances for Barca isn't enough.

We don't know how good he'll become in 2 years time given game time at another club. But until "owning the EPL", he'd have to become considerably better.

Sorry sometimes I forget to write down supporting statements like "When he's 25" I was thinking ahead and imagining a better Sergi based off what he can currently offer (Excellent ball retention, good dribbling, good defensively and pretty wicked shot when he tries).

Zangash

Banned
Was playing a game on my Fifa career mode and Roberto slid a nasty through ball to Neymar that ultimately knocked me out of the champion's cup.

I don't like this guy.

Antimadridista1

We should definitely loan him for two seasons at a club like Celta Vigo or Villareal and see how he does.
He can't progress if he doesn't play on a regular basis.

F

Flavia

Sergi Roberto is planning to leave Barça

As known by Weloba, Sergi Roberto is planning to leave Barça at the end of the season if he doesn't get more minutes of competition. There's no need of Luis Enrique to tell him: it's evident that the coach doesn't count on him. The minutes given to Rafinha or Xavi compared to those to Sergio Roberto will determine what he will do next season.

The midfielder decided to stay at Barça this season because he loves the club and because he though Luis Enrique would give him more importance in the team. When they coincided in Barça B, the coach really trusted in Sergi Roberto, one of the key players of a team that used to perform really well in Second Division A, even finishing third.

However, Sergi Roberto is tired of being patient :)lol:) and waiting for chances from Tito Vilanova, Tata Martino and Luis Enrique. This season, he has only played 564 minutes (a 16% of the total) and he is the 21st more used player. Only Douglas, Masip and Vermaelen have played less.

England, his preference

Sergi Roberto has received the interest of some clubs that have been asking about his future. There is no concrete offer, but the blaugrana is seriously considering leaving at the end of the season if the current situation doesn't change.

One of the first options is to be sent on loan to another club (2 years, like Tello at Porto)with an option to be transferred. Sergi Roberto would love to play in England, where he thinks he coulg grow as footballer.

Now we'll see which is the 23-year-old role until the end of the season, whether Luis Enrique gives him more importance or not.

Kohe321

I feel he has great potential but it's clear he won't reach it with us right now, the starter competition is too much. A two year loan to a club where he can play regularly sounds like a good idea, then let's see how he develops. I feel bad for him and how he's basically just a spectator at Barca, though I understand why Lucho doesn't play him - and that won't improve now that we get into the business end of the season. I mean if Douglas, Masip and Vermaelen ( :lol: ) are the only players with less minutes that pretty much says enough. He's too good to waste time like this, better for all parts if he gets loaned to be honest.

khaled_a_d

I feel he has great potential but it's clear he won't reach it with us right now, the starter competition is too much. A two year loan to a club where he can play regularly sounds like a good idea, then let's see how he develops. I feel bad for him and how he's basically just a spectator at Barca, though I understand why Lucho doesn't play him - and that won't improve now that we get into the business end of the season. I mean if Douglas, Masip and Vermaelen ( :lol: ) are the only players with less minutes that pretty much says enough. He's too good to waste time like this, better for all parts if he gets loaned to be honest.

No loan ps please ,sell him with buyback clause .
If he turns good ,we get him back and if not we already get rid of him

Home of Barca Fans