Alain Ebwelle

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Nice one TK, great to see that Ebwelle and Sandro are so consistent in their youth, hopefully they can make the step up to senior levels.

Edit: Bloody hell, look at the genetic make-up of the PSG team, crazy stuff. It looks like France will have a completely black team in coming years.
Jean-Marie Le Pen, is that you?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
lol, Nolan is that you?

I'm not racist honest! I love black people! Especially my half-nigerian mum.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I know.

Don't you think it's fascinating though? Even if I were completely black (i'm completely white as it turns out even though my mums black), i'd still find it amazing how physically superior black athletes are to their fellow white/asian counterparts. That's why i'm convinced that talented african players growing up in environments such as the youth academies of Barcelona, Ajax, PSG etc will become devastating players.

Tonykross

Ebwelle is not as hyped as Deulofeu, but I strongly believe he is as good as him, he has been tearing up the nextgen series and Division de Honor.

Tonykross

Ebwelle, Pichichi Juvenile A with 8 goals in all competitions, if he continues to improve he might make it to the first team, since we're in need of wingers who are also goal threats.

Tonykross

Ebwelle, the dark horse coming through the ranks of La Masia, no hype surrounding him, IMO he matches Deulofeu with speed and dribbling, but much better than him defensively.

AvocadoCake

@barcastuff
B centre back Bagnack and Juvenil winger Ebwelle are training with first team. Pedro (thigh) did part of training with the group. #fcblive :party1:

Tonykross

Ebwelle is one of the most underrated prospects in La Masia, he has everything Adama has and even more but nobody talks about him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've heard he's better than Adama, but I haven't really seen him enough to tell. Is he younger than Adama? And if he's better how come he hasn't been one of the Juvenil A players along with Sanabria and Adama to get called up to the B team?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've heard he's better than Adama, but I haven't really seen him enough to tell. Is he younger than Adama? And if he's better how come he hasn't been one of the Juvenil A players along with Sanabria and Adama to get called up to the B team?

It's a good question why he wasn't promoted as he is the right age and has the skills to do well at a higher level...Perhaps it's a maturity or discipline issue as I believe they factor in several variables before promotion...Adama has been routinely cited as a very hard worker and I've seen many times Vinyals getting annoyed with Ebwelle...I wonder if his perceived selfishness at times is viewed as a developmental issue to still work out of his game...Of course his end product needs work, both in terms of shots and crosses...Maybe defensively he's inconsistent, hard to say...Just a guess really

He operates on that left wing more than the right and while he has terrific pace, strength (You'd be surprised considering how slight his frame appears) and skills on the ball he doesn't always make the best decisions in that final third...I have however, seen him dribble defenders bigger than him and in numbers at will - he has a real spark to his game that you anticipate something special to happen whenever he has the ball

Home of Barca Fans