Barça Travel Guide

Alen

Ding ding ding. I was probably right in the middle of Las Ramblas walking down towards the port.

Yeah, happened to me too. Right curb is mostly prostitutes, the middle is for club promoters and drug dealers, and the left curb is the relatively normal one. How many times did you get asked by some shady guy if you want to go to a coffeeshop? To this day, i don't know what that means.

Mcnico

Ding ding ding. I was probably right in the middle of Las Ramblas walking down towards the port.

Happened to me on one of my first trips years back. I always stay away from the centre now regarding accommodation and sometimes don't even see La Ramblas 😁

gsgosal

A couple of food places I've enjoyed on my last few trips

La Pepita

El Xampanyets

Food wise I found over the years its either damn good or damn c*** despite what tripadvisor ratings tells you. Will add to the list

Andresito

Staff member
Looking for Estrella Damm branded pint glasses in Barcelona.
Where's the best place to look for them?

Denver Barca Fan

Just got back from a trip to Europe that included 3 nights in Barcelona. Loved it. Definitely thought La Sagrada Familia was a highlight of the trip. Other cool places were Barceloneta Beach, Park Guell (very Dr. Seuss-like), and the Picasso Museum. The Mercat de la Boqueria was decent for tapas, but not as nice as the Mercado San Miguel in Madrid; the Mercat de Santa Catarina east of Las Ramblas looked nicer, but we were "marketed out" and didn't eat there. Las Ramblas didn't do it for me, but then again, I wasn't propositioned or anything... We stayed in the Gothic Quarter in the Cathedral Bas Apartments (booked through Hotels.com) just a few blocks north of the Cathedral and the old Roman Wall. To say you could get lost in those streets is an understatement--GPS doesn't work well in all the Gothic Quarter's narrow alleys--but the area is so beautiful.

Grego

Hello
I will be in Barcelona the next week. Will there be a 'big screen' somewhere? I want to see the game with my students, where can we see it the best?
Greetings

FiReFTW

I was in Barca for almost a week last week, on summer vacation.

A girl friend told me she was there 4 times already and she still wants to go and is jealous of me going.

A guy friend also said he was there many times and wants to go again aswell and that Barca is special and I will see when I go there.

And now I know what they meant, Barca really is special.

And its not the great beaches or the amazing arhitecture or the great tourist landmarks or the good food, its something else, something I never felt anywhere else on my vacations, theres this atmosphere, this energy, this vibe about Barca when your there that you feel, you feel like you lived there since you were born, you feel so at home and it feels so amazing there.

I can really say that I joined the club of the people who fell in love with Barca.

Home of Barca Fans