Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Barça Travel Guide

Chief Of Footballing Matters

Pretty good. Looking forward to reading about how you get on
    Team DonAK - The Manifesto - http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread...-The-Manifesto

Chief of Footballing Matters - DonAK's Barca

Winners of the Barca Forum Election 2015

Winner of the 2014/15 Barca Forum Prediction League

New signing

Finally sorted out accomodation. For good deals I found that airbnb or service apartments offer best value. Though at the time of my booking last week rooms were getting snapped up fast.

Guys. Book early to avoid sky high prices. Some rooms go for 200eur and upwards if u book late.

I will be at eixample. Any tips on the area from the seasoned regulars?

Any suggestions for hostel or some other cheaper accommodation in Barca?

This thread is a bit old and hasn't been posted in lately, but I'll try anyway!

I'm starting to plan a trip to Barcelona for this spring, I've already posted questions regarding match tickets in the ticket thread!

Any suggestions on hotels or hostels that are safe, clean-ish and on the cheaper side? I don't care too much about fancy amenities since I don't plan on spending much time there other than to sleep- wi-fi or ensured mobile internet connection being the most important thing I guess. I wouldn't mind taking the Metro, but at the same time I also wouldn't mind walking 20-30 minutes to the stadium or taking a short taxi ride.

Help please and any advice is much appreciated!
    Pwn'ing no0bs since 1985.

New signing

Quote Originally Posted by Co0ter View Post

I'm starting to plan a trip to Barcelona for this spring, I've already posted questions regarding match tickets in the ticket thread!

Any suggestions on hotels or hostels that are safe, clean-ish and on the cheaper side? I don't care too much about fancy amenities since I don't plan on spending much time there other than to sleep- wi-fi or ensured mobile internet connection being the most important thing I guess. I wouldn't mind taking the Metro, but at the same time I also wouldn't mind walking 20-30 minutes to the stadium or taking a short taxi ride.

I would check Airbnb, you can find cheap accommodation and see reviews to know if its suitable or not

I stayed in hotel derby when i was over nice clean place reasonably priced not overly far from the stadium

Okay guys, I got tickets to getafe and going to buy tickets for Arsenal when they are for sale, the game is a few days later. I'll be in Barca for 1 week so I need suggestions on what to do, what to see, restaurants etc I like historical stuff like cathedrals and other old architecture. Also, how is the tour of the camp nou/museum they have and how do I book one?

If you're there one week you might as well do the tour. It's okay but nothing spectacular. You can buy tickets at the entrance.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Okay guys, I got tickets to getafe and going to buy tickets for Arsenal when they are for sale, the game is a few days later. I'll be in Barca for 1 week so I need suggestions on what to do, what to see, restaurants etc I like historical stuff like cathedrals and other old architecture. Also, how is the tour of the camp nou/museum they have and how do I book one?
    I suggest you get on the hop-on, hop-off City Sightseeing Bus (two routes if I remember correctly) and tour the city inside out, they will cover most of the interesting spots for you to check out later. Personally I like Mt. Montjuïc a lot, the scenery is just amazing. Also check out the Barceloneta beach and the nearby port area. Of course don't miss out Sagrada Familia (book in advance though), it is breathtaking. There are also a few other Gaudi-themed spots, but I am not really a fan of his. Spend some time strolling on Passeig de Gracia and Avenue Diagonal, very nice. I didn't care for La Rambla, too touristy to me. Do check out the Gothic quarter though.

Have fun and
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

New signing

Beach, Montjuic/Castle area. I am there next week and hope to have my first trip up to Tibidabo which is the amusement park overlooking the city, views should be spectacular.

Watch out for the pick poceters in the gothic quarter

So I've been mostly sightseeing the past 3 days besides the Getafe game. I decided to go out tonight around 1030pm...on the way to a bar I got asked by some random shady guys if I want to go to the club. Then not once, but twice while walking on the sidewalk I got approached by a prostitute lol one put her arm around mine and asked if I was looking for pleasure and was quite persistent. The second I made eye contact with while crossing the street and she asked blatantly "you want to fuck?".

I mean...what the hell?! Ahaha I wasn't even talking or anything, maybe they can tell I'm a tourist? I was walking down the street by myself with my hands in my pockets since it was cold. Was sort of a creepy night.
    Last edited by Co0ter; 14th March 2016 at 12:30 AM.

New signing

So I've been mostly sightseeing the past 3 days besides the Getafe game. I decided to go out tonight around 1030pm...on the way to a bar I got asked by some random shady guys if I want to go to the club. Then not once, but twice while walking on the sidewalk I got approached by a prostitute lol one put her arm around mine and asked if I was looking for pleasure and was quite persistent. The second I made eye contact with while crossing the street and she asked blatantly "you want to fuck?".

I mean...what the hell?! Ahaha I wasn't even talking or anything, maybe they can tell I'm a tourist? I was walking down the street by myself with my hands in my pockets since it was cold. Was sort of a creepy night.
    Let me quess, on or close to Ramblas?

It was probably the neighbourhood you were walking in. I am guessing it was El Raval.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcnico View Post
    Let me quess, on or close to Ramblas?
    Ding ding ding. I was probably right in the middle of Las Ramblas walking down towards the port.