Thread: Hotels, hostels, accommodation in Barcelona

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advise - Hotels near Nou Camp

Hi,

Looking to come over for the Getafe game at the end of March.

Can anyone advise of good hotels near the Nou Camp as I'm likely to be coming alone and don't want to have to travel far.

Also am I best waiting until I am in Barcelona before buying a ticket?

Thanks

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two pieces of advice...One, if you've never been to the city, don't think of staying in a hotel near Camp Nou...It's a bit far from the city center and you'd need to make a minimum 20 min trip on the metro etc. anytime you wanted to see anything

Barcelona is well equipped with public transportation so the smarter thing to do, IMHO, is to choose a hotel closer to the city center...Getting to the stadium is quite easy and everyone else will be doing the same on match day

Two, ticket prices aren't going to increase between now & then so there's no incentive to 'wait it out'...If you know you're going, buy now...Plus, you can likely choose better where you want to sit...It won't be recommended but if you want, you can also buy tickets from club members outside Camp Nou the days before the match - even the day of...Members pay a pittance to get their season tickets and make a hefty profit by selling their tickets for matches that aren't high on the priority list - Getafe likely to be an example
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accommodation, hotels, hostels in Barcelona

One thread for advice on accommodation in Barcelona.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stayed in hotel "Abba garden" last year (http://www.abbagardenhotel.com/en/), on walking distance of the Camp Nou (+- 20 min). If your budget allows it, you also could stay in the Princesa Sofia hotel, that's on +- 5 min away by foot from Camp Nou.

If you don't mind taking a tram (or metro), you could also stay in the following appartment/hotel: Apartementes Descartes (http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/apar...king_confemail). I've stayed there 1 week recently, very satifisfied with it. It's further away from Camp Nou though (+- 1 hour away on foot)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was looking for an appartment/hotel, this was another one that caught my eye: http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/bwh-...-blockdisplay1

The ratings are very good, so it might be worth checking out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stayed in a few places in Barca, the best one was http://barcelonamar.com/
    You don't need to get a place near the stadium. The matches are in the evening and they are easy to get to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or if you have a lot of money, you could stay in Hotel W (http://www.w-barcelona.com/) too The Barca-players sometimes stay there before big games. I'd love to stay there 1 night, but it's very expensive (cheapest room costs 250 euro per night )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokebarca View Post
    Hi mate. Type Barcelona30 into your search engine, lots of hostels on there. i regularly stay in the Hostel Conde Guell which is a stone's throw from the Camp Nou, just off Travessara Les Corts. Its nothing spectacular, but its clean, got overhead fans in the room, TV and decent shower/bathroom facilities. In fact, here is a link below.

http://www.barcelona30.com/eg_offer_...e_group=hostel
    That hostel looks awesome, but unfortunately they don't offer a private bathroom. Do hostels never offer a private bathroom, or is this an exception? (usually I stay in hotels, don't have too much experience with hostels). Thx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.hostelbookers.com/propert...9/ngt/2/ppl/1/

This one has a single room with private bathroom for around 31 euros.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys
    Me and my brother have tickets to see Barca vs Valencia, does anyone know any good youth hostels to stay in that are good quality and not too expensive, also quite close to the camp nou? What are good places to eat also and reasonably priced? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostel Conde Guell looks good, no private bedroom though

For food, I suggest you to eat a "menu of the day". Usually only costs +- 10 euro, and is available in lots of restaurants (not sure if it's available in the weekend though)
    Last edited by Tomchin; 31st August 2012 at 03:05 PM.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stayed in the Hotel Madanis a couple of weeks ago. The Nou Camp is literally just up the street, the hotel was nice and clean and had alot of restaurants and pubs just outside of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belletti View Post
    I stayed in the Hotel Madanis a couple of weeks ago. The Nou Camp is literally just up the street, the hotel was nice and clean and had alot of restaurants and pubs just outside of it.
    Just checked their website, looks good, and apparently not extremely expensive either (70 euro/night), thx for the tip.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! I had an amzing time was really great, me encantan los espanoles, son gente tan linda!!!!!