Hotels, hostels, accommodation in Barcelona

S

sd006

I'm probably too late for elricho, but I just stayed at Hotel Rey Don Jaime I, Carrer Jaume I, 11 ( Barrio Gótico, 08002 Barcelona). Metro: Jaume I. Note the spelling. It's between two major streets (La Rambla and Leitana), and a very short walk to the Port Vell. Or, you can walk north to Placa de Catalunya.

The stadium is far from everything else in the city, so I would recommend staying downtown and just taking the metro once to see the game/museum. I think the Guell Pavillion is near the stadium (metro: Maria Christina) but that's about it.

About the hotel: my hotel was 70 euros for two people per night (1 room). The room is small, there were no bed bugs, and the only noise was from the hardwood floor, creaky iron door (I stayed at the Annex Hotel, which is across the street but owned by the same people), water running through the pipes; standard stuff you would expect from an old building in the Gothic quarter. So if you're a light sleeper, it's not for you. I had no trouble sleeping each night, so it was a fantastic location and affordable price. Every night, I could take a stroll down Leitana, then along Passeig de Colon, then up La Rambla. I only went to the stadium twice during my trip, once for the match and once for the Museum/Botiga.

H

haribo

Hotels near Camp Nou

Hi

Could anyone tell me if they know of any nice reasonable hotels near the Camp Nou?

Thanks

J

Jordzibob

Yeh I'm interested in this aswell, going down for the Atletico match in Feb.

redout

Florida hotel up in the mountains was always a popular choice under Laporta.

Heard that they have used the Hotel Arts down by the marina several times this season.

S

sd006

Are you going to Barcelona just for the football match? Or do you intend to do some sightseeing while you're there? Because I would recommend staying in a hotel in the center, where all the action is. Then you can take the metro (once) to watch the game.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Are you going to Barcelona just for the football match? Or do you intend to do some sightseeing while you're there? Because I would recommend staying in a hotel in the center, where all the action is. Then you can take the metro (once) to watch the game.

this. you can get straight to les corts from the placa de catalunya station and there is nothing to see round the camp nou so really wouldnt stay in that part of the city.

H

haribo

We are stayin Friday to Saturday so would probably like to do some sight seeing. Do you know any hotels you would recommend or wat area of barcelona to look for them in??

Lemmi

The Reckoner
i can only recommend hostels, but if you look for somewhere around placa de catalunya to passeig de gracia then you are close to the liveliest areas near la rambla down to the marina and the metro lines that will take you to la sagrada, olympic port, parc d'ciutadella, parc guell, camp nou from placa de catalunya. and also the cheap train from the airport so you dont need a taxi.

S

sd006

I stayed at the Rey Don Jaime I Hotel (Address: Carrer Jaume I, 11 | Barrio Gotico, 08002 Barcelona) which was 70 euros for a room with two single beds. Small room, but quiet. Great location - walking distance to the beach, La Rambla, Picasso Museum, Placa de Catalunya. If that is not to your tastes, go to TripAdvisor dot com and search for Barcelona hotels/hostels.

Blaugrana1899

Heading back to Barcelona in March. Hostel Suggestions Please.

Hello there blaugranas. I will be retunrning to Barcelona in March for the Getafe match and also watching our futbol sala team. I may catch Regal Barca play, but I have to wait until the time and day is confirmed for the Barca-Getafe match(FCB and Regal Barca have the same unconfimed day and times 19th and 20th). I booked my flight and hostel.

Last edited:

Philly85

Looking to come over....and stay in hostel

Is it cheaper by coach or plane?

Also looking to stay in a hostel any dirt cheap and nice near the ground? found one called Yellow Nest Hostel.

Also anyone got a link so I can become a fan club member to get tickets?

Thanks

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If I were you, I'd get a hostel near Ramblas, tbh...Much more going on there and public transportation is simple to get to the Camp Nou

maz

I walk the line
Where are you coming from? I imagine getting a coach from the States, for example, would be a bit more expensive than plane.

Home of Barca Fans