Boixos Nois

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The Camp Nou is filled with Asians with their flash cameras photographing every second of pretty much everything, or if they aren't photographing they're sitting their silent as mice with their Barça shirts on even when we score. Does my head in...I have never seen an area of people that is so obsessed with photos. They photograph EVERYTHING, from the lamp post on the street corner to the guy taking a piss in a lavatory...EVERYTHING. Plus it isn't normal flash on their cameras, hell no it's some sort of MIB flash, that if it goes off in a 50 foot radius of you your fucked if you wanted to see anything for the next 5 days.

Sorry, controversial rant off. The Camp Nou is all about merchandise now, and appealing to all the different worldwide markets, from the Americans to the Japanese to the Chinese, they are all catered for. It has turned into a circus tbh. It is a shame, but thats football, its the same with most big clubs stadia. The Boixos needed to be curbed but when you took them out you stole alot of the Camp Nous atmosphere, and for no reason but to make it safe for more of the people who rob it of its atmosphere.

Disclaimer: I full well know how big a place Asia is, but I am buggered if I can tell the difference between someone from Korea, Vietnam, Japan or China, Singapore, Thailand or any other place in that general region of which I refer to.

Disclaimer #2: Maz told me to be controversial.

I go to Camp Nou regularly and although you get a fair amount of tourist types right at the front (esp. lateral) I have never seen the ground as being overly touristified compared to EPL stadia. There's a merchandise shop and a stadium tour, of course, but here's a newsflash for those stuck in the past - you have to do that kind of thing to stay in front, otherwise somebody else will do it, make more money, buy better players and beat you on the pitch. The competitiveness of our side was zero when Laporta & co came in, we'd gone 5 years without a trophy and the new board recognised that to be competitive on the pitch you must be competitive off it. Tourists pay more to get in, they contribute to our success so it would be foolish to kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

Warik

I go to Camp Nou regularly and although you get a fair amount of tourist types right at the front (esp. lateral) I have never seen the ground as being overly touristified compared to EPL stadia. There's a merchandise shop and a stadium tour, of course, but here's a newsflash for those stuck in the past - you have to do that kind of thing to stay in front, otherwise somebody else will do it, make more money, buy better players and beat you on the pitch. The competitiveness of our side was zero when Laporta & co came in, we'd gone 5 years without a trophy and the new board recognised that to be competitive on the pitch you must be competitive off it. Tourists pay more to get in, they contribute to our success so it would be foolish to kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

Shut up CA, i'm trying to be controversial here :$

Miggy

Mr Lover Man

Great post.:2145960713mundoemot

maz

I walk the line
As some people know from my manifesto, ive always been pro foreign-fans. They are very important to clubs and its hard to find a european powerhouse club without such fans. For example, how many foreign fans do arsenal have? Although they have had success in the epl's recent history they aren't regarded as a club on the same level as liverpool, manutd and chelsea, nor fcb or madrid, etc.

Overseas fans, particularly those from the far east, should be embraced by clubs. And while they have this myth about them being very fickle, they are in fact some of the most diehard fans. They wake up at impossible hours in the morning,..they all gather at local venues and put up fcb flags and watch the game. They appear in their numbers whenever the club come to their country (let alone their city!). And while i havent been to the camp nou (im going very soon) i find it hard to believe that they dont contribute to the atmosphere. Ive seen many asian fans before games singing along to the fcb hymn. Now if u take the effort to learn the words then i dont see why u would just sit there in silence for the rest of the game.

Warik

Can't they be embraced from thousands of miles away though? They are like the horrible uncle you always send christmas and birthday cards to saying you wish them the best etc, but it doesn't mean you want them showing up on your doorstep.

Ah well, Laporta has gradually sold out everything the club stood for, with the Uzbek deal being the final nail in the coffin. Success on the pitch shouldn't be achieved by selling out off of it. I can't even say Més que un club anymore without choking.

Most people can accept it, even embrace it due to success on the pitch, many others cant.

maz

I walk the line
The Camp Nou is an internationally renowned stadium..when people list off all stadiums in the world the camp nou is usually #1. So it comes with the territory that foreign fans treat it as a tourist attraction. Perhaps the banning of the boixos has affected the atmosphere. Well, clearly it has. But surely people should feel safe when they go to watch their team? While i dont want fcb to have the family reputation of a club like fulham, i dont want us to have a reputation of violent fans. Its not what football is about. So in my opinion, its an adequate tradeoff.

Warik

Boixos wasn't always violent tbh, only towards Laporta who rightly took their priviledges away. They shouldn't of been treated any better than anyother group of fans.

Most people complained about them because they intimidated opposition fans into being too scared to chant, and intimidated opposition players into losing concentration and making mistakes. Their language was colourful and people complained about it because they had children with them..and for me thats just a nanny state attitude gone mad, you go to a football match and you hear bad language? who would of known? go sit in the front row the players are often the worst culprits...you go to an opposition stadium and find insults thrown at you and so intimidated you daren't open your mouth? who would of known!!?!

Beast

The Observer
Well you can distinguish them by asking a question. Ask them about their names, if it's Kim, Park or Lee or a combination between these three names, then he is Korean. If he asks too many questions about your dog, then he is either Korean or Vietnamese. If his/her name sounds like a thrown saucepan on the floors (ching chang chung or something) then he is from China. Plus the people in China tend to eat more rise than the others. The eyes of the Japanese are usually less stretched than the ones from China or Korea. And the Vietnamese are darker. If you see a woman in provocative clothes, offering her body, she is either a thai from Bangcock or a Philippina. It's easy man.

I feel sorry for the football commentator who has to comment a football game between Korea and China.

Disclaimer #3: I'm just following Maz instructions and Warik's example
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Can't they be embraced from thousands of miles away though? They are like the horrible uncle you always send christmas and birthday cards to saying you wish them the best etc, but it doesn't mean you want them showing up on your doorstep.

Ah well, Laporta has gradually sold out everything the club stood for, with the Uzbek deal being the final nail in the coffin. Success on the pitch shouldn't be achieved by selling out off of it. I can't even say Més que un club anymore without choking.

Most people can accept it, even embrace it due to success on the pitch, many others cant.

Unicef, Catalanism, internationally renowned, successful in a multitude of sports...why the hell aren't we still mes que un club? Because a couple of hundred asians turn up to each home match? I'm as pro-soci and pro-catalan as any foreign fan but I think you're overstating the problem. Sit in most areas of the ground and you're still surrounded by Catalans and hear only Catalan or Spanish spoken.

I know what you mean about the Asian fans, they do have a way of making themselves visible by walking around with their mouth open and their camera pointed at everything but you talk like the Camp Nou's overrun with them which is untrue.

MJ BarcaFan

Well you can distinguish them by asking a question. Ask them about their names, if it's Kim, Park or Lee or a combination between these three names, then he is Korean. If he asks too many questions about your dog, then he is either Korean or Vietnamese. If his/her name sounds like a thrown saucepan on the floors (ching chang chung or something) then he is from China. Plus the people in China tend to eat more rise than the others. The eyes of the Japanese are usually less stretched than the ones from China or Korea. And the Vietnamese are darker. If you see a woman in provocative clothes, offering her body, she is either a thai from Bangcock or a Philippina. It's easy man.

I feel sorry for the football commentator who has to comment a football game between Korea and China.

Disclaimer #3: I'm just following Maz instructions and Warik's example

Reading your comments made me think that you are just like Laporta, the great alienator and shades of the Nazi leader himself, Adolf Hitler. Your condescending attitude bespoke of a person devoid of decency. Such bigotry does not deserve respect from all football fans around the world. You should be ashamed of yourself for having such racist and sexist views. IMO, this is a post of an irresponsible individual lacking in basic ethical values.

Warik

Talk about overreacting. Guard makes one tongue in cheek remark about how to differentiate people and your comparing him to Adolf Hitler...Hitler killed millions of people, shades of him would be killing thousands of people. One post does not show any "shades of the Nazi leader himself, Adolf Hitler".

Reductio ad Hitlerum at its best.

Evil

Shabazz
Talk about overreacting. Guard makes one tongue in cheek remark about how to differentiate people and your comparing him to Adolf Hitler...Hitler killed millions of people, shades of him would be killing thousands of people. One post does not show any "shades of the Nazi leader himself, Adolf Hitler".

Reductio ad Hitlerum at its best.

She is a female from the philippines ... and Guardians post wasn't nice at all if you read it again.

Warik

She is a female from the philippines ... and Guardians post wasn't nice at all if you read it again.

I don't care where she's from, and Guardian's post was quite funny. I personally think likening people to Hitler is worse than any minor racism in Guardians post. I've had worse from Guardian on the old forum that that post, much worse.

Home of Barca Fans