Albert Dalmau

M.L. King

The Preacher
albertdalmaubarcelona.jpg

Albert Dalmau, 16.03.1992 (Spain)
Right-back

Albert Dalmau is one of the hottest prospect in the youth system of Barca. He is following footsteps of players like Messi, Bojan and Marc Muniesa. Dalmau has been part of Barca's squad during the preseason alongside players like Rubin Rochin, Jonathan dos Santos, Andreu Fontes and Martin Montoya after Luis Enrique recommended them to Pep Guardiola.

Among all these players, Dalmau has been at Barca the longest; he joined Barca, having been pilfered from Girona at the age of 12. He also appeared three times for the Spanish national side on the European U-17 Championship, receiving one yellow card and giving one assist.

Spain's U-19 coach Luis Milla said of him: “Albert is a player who we need. We need the ambition and the speed and of course the teamwork. Albert and Marc* exemplify this.”

For Barca’s Cantanero team he collected 7 yellow cards from 31 appearances. He ran the 100m in 11.8 seconds.

Dalmau has also dexterous first touch, ball control and has propensity to go forward a lot. He has a perfect tutor in the first team in Dani Alves.

During the European U17 Championships their Right Corner taker was Dalmau. That means he has a great crossing ability.

In the 31 games he played for Barca youth team he had 8 assists and 2 goals.

[YOUTUBE]kjXS4MehwoQ[/YOUTUBE]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers for the thread Mirko. Dalmau marked some good performances for Barca in this pre-season. Too bad Barca Atletic missed out on promotion last year. These youngsters would benefit from the stronger league

Butaan4barca

he wasn't even on the bench...maxwell did well on the right back position iguess....but i really wanted him to play....wanted to see him play infact

Last edited:

adil_909

i'm pretty sure he'll play vs. athletic. chiggy, pique, marquez, alves, abidal, toure all out. so puyol, maxwell, and milito will play and we need 1 more defender, s it'll probably be him.

Butaan4barca

i'm pretty sure he'll play vs. athletic. chiggy, pique, marquez, alves, abidal, toure all out. so puyol, maxwell, and milito will play and we need 1 more defender, s it'll probably be him.[/Qe

he hasn't been called ...i guess this time..but he might get a late call as chyg has late entry into the list of defenders injured

Pedrito

Dalmau joins Valencia B. Barça have an option to buy him back in two years. I think he leaves the club beacause Eusebio didn't count on him this season.

Bad news, I've always liked Dalmau (as long as I knew him as a player). I remember that he was considered to be a big talent a few years ago.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans