David Silva

shadows

well maz..Silva is a regular Spanish International ..I doubt whether he will be OK with replacing Hleb since it means limited opportunities unlike Hleb who will be picked anyway irrespective of whether he plays or not!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we buy him..i dont see him scoring the 20 odd Henry has been scoring..I dont think we need to go for him....

ACN is coming up next year so for about the month we will play without Eto.
So we could be having:
Silva--Henry--Messi

Besides he would have 3 options. Rest of them are:
Messi or Henry out - Silva can cover for either as he`s already played even on the right flank.

Evil

Shabazz
I would take Ribery over Silva without thinking twice, although I'd still be happy if we got Silva.

Bojan, I remember a while ago you said we can't have a left winger who plays with his left foot, because our wingers usually cut into the box .. I think it was when we were talking about Angel Di Maria .. So if think the same applies for Silva, I don't see him playing on the left and cutting into the box like Messi does on the right, he would just dribble to the corner flag then cross it in, but again it's not like we have Drogba or someone big in the box. That's why my choice for the left wing is Ribery ...

maz

I walk the line
If we cant have a left winger who is left footed, then surely that applies to the right wing as well? Which means ribery will replace henry AND iniesta on the left.

maz

I walk the line
But when played on the left our game speeds up so much. I wouldnt call him a AM. He needs to start deep..like i was saying to bojan on the match chatbox last night his ability to bring the ball from a deep position into the box is phenominal. He can take out many opponents from the game when he does that. Playing him in an advanced role down the middle is like clipping his wings.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Thing is maz he's so speedy and intelligent he ghosts through the field wherever he is. On the wings it will look easier and quicker too cause there's more space for him to do his thing, whereas in the middle he's always doing quick one-touch passes and beating players so it looks less penetrating.

Evil

Shabazz
He has been as dangerous in midfield as he is playing on the wings, an example is yesterday's match, or even the Bayern one .. Not to mention that the player himself said he feels more comfortable playing as a midfielder. A midfield of Yaya/Xavi/Iniesta has worked brilliantly for us this season .. Our forward line should be Henry/Ribery/Silva--Eto--Messi. Iniesta is ofcourse an excellent backup should something happen to whoever is playing at the left wing.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I still can't help feeling that if Henry keeps improving then Ribery or Silva would be a bit superfluous. Unless we can rotate and/or Henry can be a supersub CF/LF

Evil

Shabazz
Henry is in great form no doubt. But he´s turning 32, so we should start bringing in other younger players to take over, and like you said, Henry would be a superb backup for LF and even CF if needed.

maz

I walk the line
Yeah we need to plan for the future i agree.

And tamer, i dont mean that iniesta shouldnt play in midfield, i just feel that if he is to be played in midfield that he is given a more withdrawn role rather than AM, since otherwise we are wasting valuable time knocking the ball around the midfield when AI could just pick it up from the DM and run with it.

gvt2000

We can't rely on a 32 year old. Henry's on great form, no doubt, but next year he should be an excellent sub, an alternative, not the guaranteed starter he is this year. We need to build on what we have, not wait till what we have fails to try to fix it. Ribery or Van persie for the left.

Home of Barca Fans