David Silva

Cule4life

The Culest
how can ronaldo be overrated, you can hate him but you can not deny that hes one of the best in the history of football, his scoring records are insane, he and messi will be the two top scorers of the champions league, physically hes the most complete player

Being overrated doesnt mean he's not good. But the levels to which he's hyped by his fanboys is ridiculous. "The most complete player" is one of the most frequent and lamest excuses given to justify he's an all time great. He cant make it to the top 20 of all time list while Messi is in the top 5 atleast.
I am not just an EPL fan however i do support Manchester united but i do watch most Leagues every weekend as much as possible where as you seem to not really watch silva well enough to judge him as if you did you would know one of, if not his best trait is his ability to create stuff in and around the box with little and no space and he is one of the best around at doing this. So lets put you're strange league bias aside and not make stupid claims when you clearly don't watch the player enough to say what he does and doesn't struggle with?

I even watched him in his Valencia days but thanks for telling me that i dont watch him at all. EPL has much more space than La Liga. Even Fernando Torres has said the same. Still Silva struggles many times to create against defensive team. Plus his shooting is crap. Im not saying he's shit. Heck he's better than 90% of footballers. But he's not among the best players in the world which his fanboys claim him to be.

BenRobbins

Being overrated doesnt mean he's not good. But the levels to which he's hyped by his fanboys is ridiculous. "The most complete player" is one of the most frequent and lamest excuses given to justify he's an all time great. He cant make it to the top 20 of all time list while Messi is in the top 5 atleast.

I even watched him in his Valencia days but thanks for telling me that i dont watch him at all. EPL has much more space than La Liga. Even Fernando Torres has said the same. Still Silva struggles many times to create against defensive team. Plus his shooting is crap. Im not saying he's shit. Heck he's better than 90% of footballers. But he's not among the best players in the world which his fanboys claim him to be.

But surely if you watch him you will see he is best in and around the box playing tight one-two's and that is his best trait? Anybody who watches him surely can see that is why he is soo good because he get's no space and still manages to create stuff. Who cares what the biggest joke in the league says if there is so much space and players get so much time on the ball in the league then why has ozil flopped horribly when he was excellent in la liga? If he has so much space surely he will be performing to a much higher standard and not be anonymous? City are playing arsenal this weekend, watch silva and watch him come alive in the penalty box surrounded by 4-5 arsenal players and cause havock. He may not be iniesta or messi in tight spaces but they are the 2 best in the world at that, he is still one of the best after them two however.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But surely if you watch him you will see he is best in and around the box playing tight one-two's and that is his best trait? Anybody who watches him surely can see that is why he is soo good because he get's no space and still manages to create stuff. Who cares what the biggest joke in the league says if there is so much space and players get so much time on the ball in the league then why has ozil flopped horribly when he was excellent in la liga? If he has so much space surely he will be performing to a much higher standard and not be anonymous? City are playing arsenal this weekend, watch silva and watch him come alive in the penalty box surrounded by 4-5 arsenal players and cause havock. He may not be iniesta or messi in tight spaces but they are the 2 best in the world at that, he is still one of the best after them two however.

Don't know much about Silva, but Ozil have not been utilized well by Wenger IMO so that's one of the main reasons on why he has been so underwhelming.

Cule4life

The Culest
Don't know much about Silva, but Ozil have not been utilized well by Wenger IMO so that's one of the main reasons on why he has been so underwhelming.

Ofc and also Ozil wasn't this flawless God in La Liga that he is made out to be. He was sold for a reason. He disappeared in high pressure games and ran out of energy.

JamDav1982

Silva is top class.

Some people seem to class anyone not matching Messi records as 'failing in big games'.

Seem to hear that about every single player these days.

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't really enjoy watching him, slow & very one footed. Similar to Mata, never enjoyed watching him either.

Always the lefties, so dependent on one foot

Muuuch better than Mata though. Unlike Mata, who is a glorified goal poacher, Silva actually knows how to link play in the final third. Only problem is he chokes when it matters, particularly at World Cups.

BenRobbins

So if anybody watched the Arsenal and Manchester City game today you can see why Silva is not overated and always turns up for the bigs games with minimal space.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Majestic? Nope. He was good though, one of the better players on the field. Certainly better than Ozil.

hellsangel1

Ofc and also Ozil wasn't this flawless God in La Liga that he is made out to be. He was sold for a reason. He disappeared in high pressure games and ran out of energy.

Ozil fit in well at Madrid and was their best player when it comes to passing in the final third. His work-rate and energy especially in the final third of the match did go down but he was somebody they would've definitely needed for example last night against Atletico to break down a stiiff defense. He has far better vision than Modric but Modric is a better dribbler and can withstand physical pressure from defenders and also his workr-rate is much,much better than Ozil.

Home of Barca Fans