What makes a club "big"?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It COULD be conceived ducky that Forest are a bigger club than city........... I shall put that out there. That isn't my opinion but it could be debated.

B

blueduck

Maybe in the past Ed, but not now.

If a club becomes "big", it doesn't mean they will be forever. Eg Leeds & Forest.

It also works the other way, clubs can become great over a period of time too.

R

Red Devil

Leeds are easy bigger then City no matter what league they play in .

I hate leeds but they are bigger then city .

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Leeds are bigger than 80% of premier league teams easy.

They are bigger than Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Fulham, Hull, Man.city, Portsmouth, Stoke, Sunderland, West ham, Wigan and wolves.

Ok so its 65% and not 80% :lol: but my point still stands in that, in England Leeds are a massive club and don't belong in that league they are in - like City did not belong there. But there is no divine right and it is their own fault that is where they are. But never the less a club like Leeds should be playing in the premier league.

Last edited:
B

blueduck

Leeds are easy bigger then City no matter what league they play in .

I hate leeds but they are bigger then city .

In what way ?

They have more league titles but we have more League & FA cups so if it's not their history that makes them better.

Leeds have averaged, in their two seasons at the third level, 26,546 and then, last season, 23,813. The year they were relegated to the third level, their average was 20,831.

See here: http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/leeu.htm.

We averaged 28,273 in our one season at that level, and 28,197 the year we got relegated to it.

See here: http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/manc.htm

So we have more fans too, what exactly makes them bigger ?

in England Leeds are a massive club and don't belong in that league they are in - like City did not belong there. But there is no divine right and it is their own fault that is where they are. But never the less a club like Leeds should be playing in the premier league.

We went down because we deserved to go down, the fact that they are still there means they didn't deserve to come up.

Just because they have more fans and history than most of the other teams in that league does not mean they have the right to be promoted over team which don't.

R

Red Devil

Leeds are bigger than 80% of premier league teams easy.

They are bigger than Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Fulham, Hull, Man.city, Portsmouth, Stoke, Sunderland, West ham, Wigan and wolves.

Ok so its 65% and not 80% :lol: but my point still stands in that, in England Leeds are a massive club and don't belong in that league they are in - like City did not belong there. But there is no divine right and it is their own fault that is where they are. But never the less a club like Leeds should be playing in the premier league.

Im going to reply to the individual that I think talks sense rather the reply to the person who hasnt a clue what there talking about he is quoting stupid football stat websites to prove stuff.

I was in Leeds on a training course the other week times must be hard for them because they arnt looking after there ground it looked in a terrible state .

B

blueduck

No Dave, they are just there to back up my statement, which you haven't done with any of yours. So please tell me how they are a bigger club ?

I drove past their ground the other day too, it looks like a bloody building site.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well they have won more championships, better european pedigree, longer period of dominating england. From the middle 60's to the middle 70's they either won trophies or were runners up and from that period had a proper battle with us and man.u
Man City and Arsenal did have success at that time but it was a shorten period compared to the good 10 years that Leeds were always there or thereabouts.

The players from that era my goodness. Charlton, Collins, Giles, Hunter, Gray, Jones, Clarke Bremner, Lorimer. For 10 years that team dominated the scene.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the four biggest clubs in england are united, liverpool, arsenal and, sigh, leeds.

although if leeds don't sort themselves out they'll drop from that list.

you need sustained success. to be there or thereabouts for a long time. united had a huge drought in terms of the league but kept winning cups, and now they're having a glut in the league too. liverpool have had a league drought but won other trophies in the interm. etc.

B

blueduck

sustained success with moral foundations.

a large fanbase.

attractive football.

"Moral foundations" ? Those "foundations" are the reason they are in league 1.

We have more fans than Leeds.

Attractive football helps, but it is not necessarily needed to become a big club.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

Players wifes with big rack
and it's true if u think about it

Home of Barca Fans