What makes a club "big"?

Sívori

i personally believe that historical success (trophies) and the number of great players to have featured make up a clubs prestige and pedigree. combine that prestige and pedigree with economic clout (fanbase, financial viability etc...) and you've got a modern "big" club

these days however, money more often that not overshadows the "prestige and pedigree" par of the equation.

R

Red Devil

Biggest clubs in England are

Liverpool
Man U
Arsenal
Everton
Aston Villa

Come on mate you cant really think Liverpool are bigger then United we were huge in respect of Liverpool yes they could fill our stadium and yes they have more european cups but we have a bigger fan base world wide simple.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Don't think he did it in order just named them

Man.u are bigger than us I have no qualms in admitting that. Still I'd rather have the trophies and the history we have won than anything else.

I would not swap our history or trophies won with any other club. Even if Milan and Real have won more european trophies.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
new rule your not a big club if u do not have a treble to your name (the proper treble)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
We have TWO trebles

1984:-

League cup
League title
European Cup

2001:-

League Cup
FA Cup
Uefa Cup

;)

he said proper treble. :D

however I haveta think there's a flaw in bobby's theory, coz according to him only

celtic ('67)
englebert ('67)
ajax ('72)
vita club ('73)
defence force ('85)
al-sadd ('88)
psv ('88)
thai farmers bank ('95)
united ('99)
hearts of oak ('00)
al-ahly ('05 and '06)
barca ('09)

are big clubs. :lol:

ENGLEBERT! :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Take off the red tinted glasses, you know as well as anybody else does that those 2 trebles aren't proper ones! That's not to take away from the achievement though, good shit.

Home of Barca Fans