Athletic Club de Bilbao

El Flaco

From referee Clos Gomez's match report:

In minute 22 I suspended the match for 1 minute due to sounds uttered from one of the ends imitating monkey noises directed at the number 11 player D. Iñaki Williams Arthur. This fact was communicated to the match official so that a public announcement could be made right away. Once the public warning was made, play resumed, and no further incident occurred.

Messi983

Inaki Williams has renewed his contract with Bilbao until 2025. His release clasuse is 80m but will progresively go up to 108m.

Few days ago they've also extended Inigo Lekue (2023) and Xabi Etxeita (2019 with option for another year).

Athletic have also reached an agreement with FC Viitorul Constanta for Cristian Ganea. 25-year old Romanian left back who grew up in Basauri and has played for some minor Basque clubs and also Basque Country U18 will join in summer on a 3-year contract. Ganea is Bilbao's second confirmed transfer for 2018-19 season after Ander Capa whose transfer from Eibar was already confirmed last summer.

khaled_a_d

Inaki Williams has renewed his contract with Bilbao until 2025. His release clasuse is 80m but will progresively go up to 108m.

Few days ago they've also extended Inigo Lekue (2023) and Xabi Etxeita (2019 with option for another year).

Athletic have also reached an agreement with FC Viitorul Constanta for Cristian Ganea. 25-year old Romanian left back who grew up in Basauri and has played for some minor Basque clubs and also Basque Country U18 will join in summer on a 3-year contract. Ganea is Bilbao's second confirmed transfer for 2018-19 season after Ander Capa whose transfer from Eibar was already confirmed last summer.

So Inaki basically committed his career for them, good for him tbh as I think he is talented but not made for bigger clubs.
Overall great deal for them, and for us the only player I am interested from Bilbao is Unai and his release clause is 30M which is good tbh

khaled_a_d

Never made sense in the 1st place, they will have very good chance to good whomever they want from De Gea and Courtois next summer (both has 1 year left in contract)
Kepa is good, but he is neither sensational or a young prospect GK to get him to replace Navas, and it didn't make sense for him either to join RM to sit on the bench most likely

Stoichkov1

Never made sense in the 1st place, they will have very good chance to good whomever they want from De Gea and Courtois next summer (both has 1 year left in contract)
Kepa is good, but he is neither sensational or a young prospect GK to get him to replace Navas, and it didn't make sense for him either to join RM to sit on the bench most likely

Mourinho won't let De Gea leave and and it's likely that both Hazard and Courtois will sign a new contract at Chelsea.

khaled_a_d

Mourinho won't let De Gea leave and and it's likely that both Hazard and Courtois will sign a new contract at Chelsea.

Mou himself might not be there next season, and if De Gea decided to leave there is nothing they can do anymore.
Courtois is yet to sign a new contract, he made it clear before he wants out. Both player has their future in their hands and I doubt any of them would hesitate to join RM

Messi983

There are rumours Berizzo will coach Bilbao next season. Don't really see him as a fit there but we'll see. Can't really be worse than Ziganda I guess.

Home of Barca Fans