Athletic Club de Bilbao

XaviMessiGirl

What happened? I remember that a couple of years ago every1 on this forum was raving about Bielsa, wanting him to coach Argentina or even as Pep's successor for Barca.

Treated players such as Llorente & Amorebieta like crap all season because they announced they did not want to renew. Every time a player did something that wasn't kissing ass to Athletic or Basque nationalism, they got unnecessarily & overly "punished". This was fueled also by the club's president & ultras, all of this led to a very unpleasant situation. So Bielsa being gone won't solve the problem completely but hopefully the next coach will be better.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Former (1988-90) Barcelona player Ernesto Valverde (49) has been appointed as new coach of Athletic Bilbao

:D Valverde was a good choice, hope he can help rebuild what Bielsa destroyed.

BXI Fútbol

Former (1988-90) Barcelona player Ernesto Valverde (49) has been appointed as new coach of Athletic Bilbao

:D Valverde was a good choice, hope he can help rebuild what Bielsa destroyed.

I wouldn't fault Bielsa but the board.

Beñat is now an Athletic player.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
llorente-2.jpg

Looks like he's enjoying life in Turin :cry:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
First preseason game under Valverde, although it might not be be broadcasted.

Lineup: Iraizoz; Iraola Balenziaga, Albizua, Gurpegi, San Jose, Ruiz de Galarreta, Iturraspe, Aduriz, De Marcos, Ibai.

Bench: Iago Herrerin; Ramalho, Saborit Ekiza, Etxeita, Moran, Beñat, Herrera, Sola, Susaeta, Toquero.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Got to visit the San Mames earlier this summer, saying goodbye to a historic stadium :D

San Mames Barria does look very nice

Fishdoll

Bakalao
As long as you have Bart......yes. :)

And XMG, I could post some of THOSE pictures in the Men thread but, well, I wouldn't want to scandalize any of the guys. ;)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Golazooo del Athletic

Beautiful linkup in the final third and it's Susaeta who scores Athletic's first goal of the 13/14 season. Beautiful play, Benat is such a great acquisition. Even Muniain is looking like his deadly self :wub:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Iker Muniain makes it 2-1!!!! He looks motivated and hungry, one of the best talents in Spain is coming back to the top

Home of Barca Fans