Athletic Club de Bilbao

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Isn't that what the video is?

Yep. I was responding more to the sentence under the vid, which I felt displayed a lack of understanding of the feelings and motivations of the Athletic fanbase. I think I'm in a better position to represent those, given my current location , friends, and the fact that I read the two Bilbao papers every day.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
And I may say I find it facepalm worthy to boo Iniesta of all players. They say it's about a "dive" which makes it even more absurd.

Why is it absurd? Because you don't think it's a dive or because it's a player you think can do no wrong?

Athletic fans put Iniesta in a category that I've seen fans of other clubs put DiMaria. And given the things I've seen on the pitch and the interviews I've watched (in which Iniesta was pretty damn dismissive) I can't honestly say I blame them - not even taking into account what he sais this week.

Galning

It was a red card. But I don't even want to discuss this. If you find it okay that they boo Iniesta, fine with me. They are in a football stadium they can boo someone if they want to. It's my personal opinion that I find it rather stupid.
But then again, it's probably the same fans who send death threats to Llorente.

Ursegor

World Champion
Yep. I was responding more to the sentence under the vid, which I felt displayed a lack of understanding of the feelings and motivations of the Athletic fanbase. I think I'm in a better position to represent those, given my current location , friends, and the fact that I read the two Bilbao papers every day.

lol One does not need to read 2 Bilbao papers every day. Common sense is enough to understand the real motivation behind this. If they booed every player who once dove against Athletic (ignoring the question if it was even a dive in the first place), San Mames would have to whistle the shit out of every La Liga player. Furthermore Iniesta is only dismissive towards San Mames since they boo him. Not the other way around.

But, yeah. Who cares. Shit president, shit coach, shit fans. Ask Martinez or Llorente.

Andrew M

It was a red card. But I don't even want to discuss this. If you find it okay that they boo Iniesta, fine with me. They are in a football stadium they can boo someone if they want to. It's my personal opinion that I find it rather stupid.

There are elements of 'theatre' to sport, and Iniesta just so happens to be the villain at San Mames. They boo so readily there that I find it quite funny.

lol One does not need to read 2 Bilbao papers every day. Common sense is enough to understand the real motivation behind this. If they booed every player who once dove against Athletic (ignoring the question if it was even a dive in the first place), San Mames would have to whistle the shit out of every La Liga player. Furthermore Iniesta is only dismissive towards San Mames since they boo him. Not the other way around.

But, yeah. Who cares. Shit president, shit coach, shit fans. Ask Martinez or Llorente.

This comment requires serious justification.

Fishdoll

Bakalao

Wow. Not going to even bother going further in this conversation with either you or ursegor since you have both obviously made up your minds and are going to hate athletic fans because they boo a barca player who dives. Enjoy your world in which barca is a perfect team with perfect players that nobody can criticize.

Chainsaw

Killahead

+1

+100000 for the bold part

A

Athletic

What happened? I remember that a couple of years ago every1 on this forum was raving about Bielsa, wanting him to coach Argentina or even as Pep's successor for Barca.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That's the thing with Bielsa. He's wasn't given the nickname "El Loco" for nothing :lol:

He's either hit or miss with his managerial prowess and it didn't work out with Athletic in the long run. It was a good fit initially because he had players with insane stamina and could play the passing/marking system he put in. However even though he is great tactically, his man management is utter crap. After his initial strong spell he fell out with Llorente, was incapable of keeping Martinez, had numerous arguments with press/players, and I believe he even assaulted a guy in the training ground. The team had an internal collapse and players had bad attitudes and went off form, with everything spiraling down.

Home of Barca Fans