Athletic Club de Bilbao

impeh

Hi, its me..
really hope they can keep their top players for another year a two, they have a pretty young squad and have played some decent football all season really.

Birdy

Love Bilbao..
They should win the Europa League this season..

Bielsa should stay for many years and build a legacy in Bilbao.
It fits him, he fits the team profile and he cannot expect same chemistry in a big club..
He has young fresh blood, ready to absord new information and he can teach his football..

Maria

The sexiest team on earth that plays the sexiest football..Athletic :worthy:

And my crush on Javi is groing every time I see him play..at the EC he has to play instead of Pique.

mateopol

Athletic should put this tie to bed tonight. Totally outclassed Luckchester United. Luck from ManU and stupid handball (that should be FK IMO) and it is only 2-3 and Luck U can hope for a miracle. Hopefully Athletic will play another good game in second leg and qualify to 1/4. This result isn't big surprise, Athletic has some very good players, ManU is average as hell team with a lot of luck. Javi Martinez and Ander Herrera were outstanding, Muniain should make Euro 2012 roster IMO.

dalitis8

Banned
The handball was a reflex reaction from the Athletic player, well, pretty stupid, but sometimes the instinct of the human being is to protect his face rather than abide to football rules.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
United fans are in for a big shock as to how imposing a venue San Mames will be...You see how impressive Athletic looked at OT?...I don't think we'll see nearly as impressive a performance from United in Basque land - they're in for a rude awakening...A reminder that the best football in the world is played outside of England, still

dalitis8

Banned
United fans are in for a big shock as to how imposing a venue San Mames will be...You see how impressive Athletic looked at OT?...I don't think we'll see nearly as impressive a performance from United in Basque land - they're in for a rude awakening...A reminder that the best football in the world is played outside of England, still

Somehow I think that San Mames would actually suit United a bit better (sure the atmosphere will be hostile) due to the pitch being of a lower quality than that at OT. The good quality pitch at OT meant that Bilbao could really employ their passing game effectively. I think that they will find a bit harder at home. But this is secondary. The most decisive factor in European ties is the readiness of a team. If a team is focused and physically prepared for a game while the other is not, then it is quite difficult for the first to lose. Unless there is a gulf in class that is.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
They were brilliant last night, really really brilliant. I would have had no complaints if they beat us 5 or 6-2 to be honest, and they would have if it wasn't for David De Gea. They are the closest team to Barca I've seen, they play some wonderful football but they press and harray the opposition when bthey don't have the ball just like Barca do.

I don't see us even getting a draw away from home against them to be honest. Munian Martinez Llorente and there right winger were highly impressive. Very good and intresting club that could grow into one of the best teams in Europe if they keep there players for another couple of seasons.

Home of Barca Fans