Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Liverpool vs Man Utd

• Other

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
When was the last time major violence broke out at el clásico? Im not an advocate for violence..the opposite in fact. But i dont see that a derby can be called intense if 95% of the people that go to the game dont feel any threat of violence.

Unless i have the wrong benchmark for "intense".

J

Jordzibob

When was the last time major violence broke out at el clásico? Im not an advocate for violence..the opposite in fact. But i dont see that a derby can be called intense if 95% of the people that go to the game dont feel any threat of violence.

Unless i have the wrong benchmark for "intense".

I think you probably do the wrong benchmark for intense, or I would hope so, as generally I would perceive the question as a positive one, as in "What is the biggest derby?". I think violence increases the intensity of it, obviously, but violence shoudlnt neccessarily be considered in this. For example if your considering El Classico, you consider the political history, opression, division of the nation, Luis Figo, etc, not the crowd violence. Thats just the way I'm looking at it, derbies dont have to be violent, they just need enough intensity that the fans of each team genuinely HATE the other team, violence shoudlnt be made into a need for a good derby game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bojan, do you have footage of the last Hajduk - Dinamo game @ Poljud, the crazy one?

that would be amazing if these guys could see that..

I think I posted some pics in the other leagues section. Maybe Boca-River could also made it to the poll. EL Clasico first, Dinamo-Hajduk next on my list

Beast

The Observer
Classico followed by Super Classico (Boca - River ) .. i read about the Dinamo-Hajduk.. it's fucking crazy

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Can I say sorry for missing out some derbies but I could only put 9 and then say other ( only 10 categories to vote for could Bojan or Maz or another mod please change that rule so I can put in more ). Thanks for voting anyway.

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
and, man, the next season's El Classico is going to be the most-watched game in the Universe! I can actually picture little Marsians adjusting their TV recievers already! :D

If we ever get extraterrestrial presence acknowledged on Earth, it's gonna be on these games (and I don't mean Messi) ;D

its a derby in Brazil between Flamengo and Fluminese from Rio. Its pretty immense

oooh.. thanks for clearing that up :)

NebbyCulé

nothing beats the istanbul derbi if we talk about fans. turks are CRAZY im telling u, CRAZY!!!

Last edited:

jairzinho

Real - Barca....of course.....but i think people underestimate South american derbies like River-Boca and Flamengo-Fluminense
and then there is Penarol vs Nacional and Colo-Colo vs Universidad de Chile

maz

I walk the line
I think you probably do the wrong benchmark for intense, or I would hope so, as generally I would perceive the question as a positive one, as in "What is the biggest derby?". I think violence increases the intensity of it, obviously, but violence shoudlnt neccessarily be considered in this. For example if your considering El Classico, you consider the political history, opression, division of the nation, Luis Figo, etc, not the crowd violence. Thats just the way I'm looking at it, derbies dont have to be violent, they just need enough intensity that the fans of each team genuinely HATE the other team, violence shoudlnt be made into a need for a good derby game.

Many neutral fans watch el clásico because of the players on show, and because its two of the biggest clubs in europe. But i dont believe that they feel the intensity that fans of the two clubs feel. However if i watch the istanbul derby, even though i hate turkish football, i still cant help but get sucked in to the intensity of the whole game. Because of the fans. I know nothing about the politics or what either club represents, but you can really get into it even if you just watch it on tv.

Home of Barca Fans