Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Liverpool vs Man Utd

• Other

• Total voters

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
El Classico is the biggest match but does it classify as a derby ;) I didn't know Barcelona were situated in Madrid or Madrid situated in Barcelona.

So technically it isn't but it is the Spanish derby - and the biggest club game bar the CL final - like Liverpool-man.u is the english derby but its not a derby.

So a bit more clarification on what you are asking please. Are you asking the biggest club game or biggest derby?

If we are talking intense btw River - Boca is IMMENSE!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
El Clasico always used to be known as "el derbi", though of course geographically it's not a derby under the traditional definition.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I guess the question is regarding the biggest traditional grudge match, if you want a more accurate term than "derby".

maz

I walk the line
Any intense rivalry can be called a derby, its just that the vast majority are local, and hence people associate a derby with a local rivarly. If all derbies were local, then why the phrase "local derby"? That would be like saying "local local rivalry".

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Hmm, you have a point, even in England we have the East Anglian derby, the Tyne-Wear derby and the south coast derby. Northampton v Peter**ough is also considered a derby. WE HATE BORO, OH WE HATE BORO.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
El Classico is the biggest match but does it classify as a derby ;) I didn't know Barcelona were situated in Madrid or Madrid situated in Barcelona.

So technically it isn't but it is the Spanish derby - and the biggest club game bar the CL final - like Liverpool-man.u is the english derby but its not a derby.

So a bit more clarification on what you are asking please. Are you asking the biggest club game or biggest derby?

If we are talking intense btw River - Boca is IMMENSE!
You're so pedantic!

If he was asking for the biggest club game, he'd just have the Champions League final on the poll!

Obviously it's a poll about the biggest game due to rivalry. And what Maz said...It doesn't have to be local for it to be a derby.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I picked el clasico, but other notable derbies not mentioned are the milan derby (quite intense, isnt it?) and the match between Dortmund and Schalke (most intense in germany), which is pretty much a real derby as both cities are next to each other and both clubs have among the biggest fanbase.

Home of Barca Fans