Gonzalo Higuain

El Flaco

To be fair, Higuain scored the winning 1-0 goal vs. Napoli today.

And he's made 5 goals in 5 appearances against them tbh.

Sorin

Most overpriced transfer of all time, and it isn't even close.

What? lolno. Have you heard about a player named Pogba?

Higuain is a bottler but he has scored a shit load for Juventus too. Exactly why he was bought. Without him last year they wouldn't have reached the CL final or won the league.

Let's see our 100+m players a bit before statements like those. Might have to bite your tongue.

The most overpriced players are not the ones who cost a lot anyway. I'd argue that players like Gomes, Oscar, Carroll, Sigurdsson etc., players in the region of 40-60m, who add nothing of importance to a team, are way shittier transfer than Higuain's. I'd have 90 m Higuain for Barcelona everyday of the week and twice on Sunday than waste of space like the players mentioned above.

Last edited:

FC B

Knew him so I knew it's very likely to miss the pk and that' what he did.

Overrated and still good for juve.

El Flaco

Knew him so I knew it's very likely to miss the pk and that' what he did.

Overrated and still good for juve.

In fairness, he did his job as a striker by scoring 2 goals against Tottenham tonight.

Higuain is a bottler but he has scored a shit load for Juventus too. Exactly why he was bought. Without him last year they wouldn't have reached the CL final or won the league

Dunno. That BBC-backline, Buffon, Alves, Mandza etc. were far more crucial for Juventus in Champions League than Higuain last year.

The guy has been great at scoring goals domestically, but that's not why Juve made him the highest earner in Serie A (€7.5m a season).

Higuain needs to consistently deliver goals in Champions League KO-stage and he hasn't really done that so far.

Sorin

In fairness, he did his job as a striker by scoring 2 goals against Tottenham tonight.

Dunno. That BBC-backline, Buffon, Alves, Mandza etc. were far more crucial for Juventus in Champions League than Higuain last year.

The guy has always been great at scoring goals domestically, but that's not why Juve made him the highest earner in Serie A (€7.5m a season).

Higuain needs to consistently deliver goals in Champions League KO-stage and he hasn't really done that so far.

You're probably right about the CL last year, however I really doubt that the main reason he was bought was to bring them the CL. I mean, you can ask Juve fans since it's them that know their team better, but to me it seemed that they bought him to consolidate their Seria A title fight while weakening a direct rival in the process, which is exactly what it did last year. Secondly, yeah I'm sure they want him to provide the goals in the CL but that's secondary to their Seria A pursuit imo.

Anyway, he scored 2 goals in a game just hours ago. Just like you said, did his job. Seems silly to declare him the most overpriced transfer of all time just because he missed a penalty. He was their best player together with Costa. He wasn't the reason why Juve drew. Their midfield 2 was exposed against Spurs' 3.

Yeah 90m for a guy who does nothing but statpad in Serie ZZZ is a great deal :lol:

You'll never win the CL (or the world cup) with chokers like him on your team.

Last edited:

Morten

Penalty miss happens, you guys should know, Messi does too.
Higauin is a bottler though, but what a weird time to bring it up, given how he scored two goals in this match.

Home of Barca Fans