Gonzalo Higuain

Yannik

He is not Ronaldo or Ailton type fat. Probably not even for the average man but for a 94 mil quality athlete he definitely didnt choke on all that pizza.

Well he's less fat than both actually or ar least Ailton. However, he didnt choose his fee, but as long as his belly doesnt interfere with his performances and as long as he keeps banging them in Juve fans wont mind that.

Andrew M

Scored a great scissor kick yesterday. In that Juve team he should score a lot of goals.

Jombi, do you still think Juve are a laughing stock? Laughing stock

Lolz. I bet Juve are still wondering how they never got those 200 million euros. Poor Juve

Jombi

Scored a great scissor kick yesterday. In that Juve team he should score a lot of goals.

Jombi, do you still think Juve are a laughing stock? Laughing stock

Lolz. I bet Juve are still wondering how they never got those 200 million euros. Poor Juve

They are. Trading Pogba for Higuain is laughable any way you slice it, taking into consideration age, quality, marketing value its a no brainer. Juve got mugged.

Yannik

They were dismantling their main title rivals of the all-time serie A record goal scorer and he has already banged in 3 fantastic goals in just the first 120 minutes he has spent on a football pitch this season, very much to my (and of course contrary to Barcaforums-) expectation as I might say, don't exactly see how they were getting mugged. Juve is doing fine. Sure, "marketing value"-wise Pogba would most likely get more recognition for a 5 minute dabbing commercial for Nike than Higuain would get for explaining the cure for leukemia live on stage during the nobel price gala, but (most) football clubs do not primariliy act profit-orientated so "marketing value" is indeed a no-brainer as long as he's gifting them the golazos.

Last edited:

Yannik

[gfy]PhonyDistinctAnkole[/gfy]

[gfy]OfficialWarmAfricangroundhornbill[/gfy]

EDIT: Look at El Flaco grabbing my imaginary karma below

Last edited:

El Flaco

Higuain's 1st goal vs. Sassuolo

[gfy]FlakySnarlingIncatern[/gfy]

Higuain's 2nd goal vs. Sassuolo

[gfy]GorgeousGraveFlyinglemur[/gfy]

Jombi

They were dismantling their main title rivals of the all-time serie A record goal scorer and he has already banged in 3 fantastic goals in just the first 120 minutes he has spent on a football pitch this season, very much to my (and of course contrary to Barcaforums-) expectation as I might say, don't exactly see how they were getting mugged. Juve is doing fine. Sure, "marketing value"-wise Pogba would most likely get more recognition for a 5 minute dabbing commercial for Nike than Higuain would get for explaining the cure for leukemia live on stage during the nobel price gala, but (most) football clubs do not primariliy act profit-orientated so "marketing value" is indeed a no-brainer as long as he's gifting them the golazos.

It means Juve will continue to lose market share in the future, which means they will be selling more and more players and be unable to compete. Higuain doesnt provide commercial revenues unlike Pogba who can recuperate the price, Higuain is almost 29 and he has a rapidly declining sell-on value. Scoring goals against Sassuolo means nothing when the price is as absurd as it is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Good that the Agnelli's are rich as fuck then - even if it's their policy not to inject money in the club

But in times of desperation.....that might change

Yannik

It means Juve will continue to lose market share in the future, which means they will be selling more and more players and be unable to compete. Higuain doesnt provide commercial revenues unlike Pogba who can recuperate the price, Higuain is almost 29 and he has a rapidly declining sell-on value. Scoring goals against Sassuolo means nothing when the price is as absurd as it is.

The Higuain transfer did exactly that: Being able to not only compete but more importantly dominate in Serie A for another 3-4 years, the resulting revenues for Scudetto and CL will further finance their wage structure and future signings aswell as making the club attractive to future potential signings. The best way to be succesful in the future is to be already being succesful in the present and signing high profile players will ensure exactly that. If Barca were to sign Suarez again today, would you also be saying it's a bad deal? Probably not, because he upgrades your squad and that ensures sportive success which still is the preferred source of income to reselling players. Especially if Suarez would have been already carrying one of your biggest domestic rivals like Atletico for in the past 3-4 years.
Juve hasn't been really dependend on sell-on values anyway. If you were to say so the "swap" came with additional 15m transfer profit, future additional revenues for CL and Serie A (-champions), PLUS an additional annual wage savings of the diffrence between Higuains wage now (€7.7m) to the one Juventus would have had to use to match Utds voluminous €17.8m bid (also resulting in everyone else wanting fancy contracts too, THEN Juve would be dependend on sell-values.)

LeeRomeno

Higuain is a great striker and Juve made a good purchase. They bought the best striker from their biggest opponent in Serie A. Its like Bayern buying Lewandovski from Dortmund, pretty much guaranteed goals every season + weakening the main opposition. Juve actually gained profit this summer and at least in my eyes, they are far more dangerous with Higuain and Pjanic vs Pogba, who is surely a good player, but his value to team cannot compare to the added value of those 2 + more free role Khedira has now, where he has excelled in early games.

NorthernVictory

How the fuck can such an amazing striker be the worst choker ever. Seriously. If he play at 60% of his normal levels during Argentina finals, they would have at least ONE trophy.

Home of Barca Fans