Gonzalo Higuain

Beast

The Observer
what was ruud's advice?

When Higuain was facing a dry spell , Ruud told him "goals are like a bottle of Ketchup , it takes a while for the ketchup to come out of the bottle than suddenly it comes strongly & Heavily from the bottle "
Higuain was talking about how much Ruud words helped him overcome his dry spell and gave him more confidence facing the keepers

J

Jordzibob

When Higuain was facing a dry spell , Ruud told him "goals are like a bottle of Ketchup , it takes a while for the ketchup to come out of the bottle than suddenly it comes strongly & Heavily from the bottle "
Higuain was talking about how much Ruud words helped him overcome his dry spell and gave him more confidence facing the keepers

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Really? That is a bizarre analogy

J

Jordzibob

Good idea. If I'm ever having trouble scoring Hamzah I'll come to you for advice. =]

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
the thing is (and that's mainly directed to Gneg post ) no one claimed Higuain is better than Villa ,Rooney..etc
and no claimed he is a top 3 player in the world (like Ibra case which Gneg is making an innuendo about in his last post ) ..
the kid keeps working hard each year , improving each year , very humble (he just praised Ruud VN advise on how to overcome drought periods for a striker )
so he has no doubters to prove , he just keep scoring goals left and right and do his hard work every game

Exactly... He has no pressure to prove his worth. Always had to play under the shadows of some other star and he did well. Remains to be seen how he would do when he's made the main man, if he could cope with the pressure. The day he does that, he can be officially hailed the best in the business. After all retaining the top position is a tougher job compared to reaching that spot. The goal-minute ratio he's having this season is extraordinary and it would be all the more impressive the day he is able to repeat that magic being the main man of this all-star team!!

Beast

The Observer
I think he faced lots of pressure much more than you think
.. Higuain came under lot of pressure in his first year and he was missing goals left & Right ..
our fans are merciless with people who don't prove their worth (look @ Drenthe ) ..

i think managing a spot in the starting line up when you have Benzema, Ruud,Raul in front of you in the line up is a good enough example of his mental toughness , so many forwards would just sulk and blame everything in the world except working hard to prove their worth like Higuain did
he don't need to be the main man but would anyone in the world anticipated that Higuain would be leading the goal scoring charts in Madrid this season and on par with Messi & a goal behind Villa ?

He proved he is the main man in the all star team , fans would feel worried if he is missing but would find alternatives for all players par Iker

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Considering he is a Madrid player now, I will talk about his performance vs Sevilla. He was so unlucky not to score, hit the bar a couple of times and the post aswell, could have finished off a ronaldo cross, and was involved in alot of Madrids attacks including the last goal which higuain headed but gk saved and vdv finished off. Great player, where ever he goes in the future, I think he will do well.

Last edited:

AdnanMessi

I am not a crook
I agree maxan.

Even with all those star signings in Real Madrid, he is the best of their players this season and looking really dangerous this upcoming World Cup.

And I just found out today that he is younger than Messi

Messi (July, 1987)
Higuain (December, 1987)

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
the thing is (and that's mainly directed to Gneg post ) no one claimed Higuain is better than Villa ,Rooney..etc
and no claimed he is a top 3 player in the world (like Ibra case which Gneg is making an innuendo about in his last post ) ..
the kid keeps working hard each year , improving each year , very humble (he just praised Ruud VN advise on how to overcome drought periods for a striker )
so he has no doubters to prove , he just keep scoring goals left and right and do his hard work every game
You know very well why I said it.

It's the same situation as with Zlatan (good domestic, twattery in Europe) and I know you like Higuain, so it is a perfect way to tease you back for all your enjoyment in Zlatan hating, discussion poking and downgrading. I can see from your answers that it tickles, so :D.

*Disclaimer: Higuain will probably score one versus Lyon tonight so I will be back here tomorrow to move the posts.

maxan10

SirTugAlot

Ruud obviously hasn't pierced the ketchup lid properly, my heinze ketchup is quite responsive haha i know he is using the analogy for the glass bottles, but how bizzare, Ruud is quite a weird personality and it is like him to make a comparison like that...

Home of Barca Fans