Jack Wilshere

BARCA-kt

I would say he will better than messi at this kind of age.. More to come from him.. Who knws? :D Sry abt tht..

W

Wonderkid

No way. He can be world class. But Messi is GODLIKE.

And no way Englishmen can dribble like Messi. He might be more similar to Silva i think.

ranjix

Jefecito
He may b a world class player but Messi is a legendary. You cant compare him n Messi. The way they play is different.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Good player from what I've seen fom him but scoring twice at home to Rangers is nothing to get excited about.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I'm as surprised as CA when I heard he has come through the ranks. However, I would have thought, perhaps now would be around the time for Arsene and Co's magic to actually come through in the youth academy. He looks awesome and for Englands sake, I hope he keeps improving.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I want to see Wilshire play regular, anything to stop Eboue who is so bad and dived to get Arsenal the first goal in the CL final.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
wilshire's gonna be a proper player, there's no doubt about that.

however I can see why wenger's getting upset that everyone is spooging over him. he's not faced any decent opposition yet. everyone he's played against at senior level has been significantly worse than arsenal. a better midfield and defence (not built around a 40 year old ffs) would provide a much stiffer test for him and probably show that he's not ready yet.

messi at 17 was merking world-class defences. that's the difference.

Tomba11

Wilshire won the Emirates Cup for Arsenal. No wonder he is hailed in North of London.

It's true he ain't no Messi, but still a new young player worthy of a thread.
There will be more to come from this lad. He was on fire this weekend.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I'm 24, and judging by the way you use the word "lad" I assume you're in your mid to late 60s. Honestly, what's the point in claiming that Wilshere won the Emirates Cup for Arsenal? It's not even a proper competition.

Home of Barca Fans