sky and liga have bad commentry
bundesliga and eredivisie have much better

J

Jordzibob

Best commentator ever-Alan Green from radio five live-Hilarious individual

A

Abudabbidoo

Kevin Keatings The Best

Firstly in response to your post about Rob Palmer you are totally correct, he commentates like he is employed by Real Madrid TV and often is clearly surprised when Real concede and often sounds full of 'normal service has been resumed' when Real score!

I have tried in vain to contact Sky to promote the excellent Kevin Keatings, he has a dramatic rustic sound to his voice and knows his players, he is also not opinionated like Clive Tyldesley who drives me insane and demonstrates why ITV has such a poor reputation over football coverage.

I will often watch a Spanish League game between two lets say lesser known teams when Keatings is commentating but not watch it if another commentator is at the helm.

I am a great listener of Radio Football Commentary and there are one or two excellent BBC 5 Live commentators. Historically I grew up on those sports that were synonimous to the commentators on them so when you heard the voice you associated the sport and vice versa.

Its a shame Sky dont allow us to post comments on their website..shame on you Sky.

More Kevin Keatings an excellent commentator that makes my Sunday nights worth my Sky Subscription.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
There's a mixture of commentators and co-commentators up there so it's a bit harder. Keatings is my favourite, very consistent and unbiased. Armstrong is the best in the colour role. Terry Gibson has definitely grown on me though, I used to think he was a bit shit, but now he's pretty cool. Rob Palmer is a little cheesy at times, sometimes he's ok though.

On a serious note, has anyone noticed that Gary Birtles has crept in as a co-commentator? He was on both our Rubin matches (fair enough, CL games get random commentators sometimes) but he commentated on the Real game last weekend. I seriously hope this doesn't become regular, because he's an absolute prick who has no knowledge or understanding of Spanish football.

J

Jordzibob

So we can understand what they are saying?

Exactly, of course I'd rather watch it with English commentators, why would you want a commentary where you cant understand what they are saying? It would just annoy me and quite frankly be a bit pointless....

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Lol exactly. As a second choice I'd have Spanish rather Chinese etc that you get on streams sometimes. But having commentary you understand does kind of help. People in Spain don't watch the Prem with English commentary, that's a fact.

K

Kenyan fan#1

Ray and Phil

While Sky does have two guys I like, the names that have stuck in my mind are those 2 GolTv fellows. Ray Hudson and Phil Schoene. They are certainly a virtual 3rd half in those games they commentate together. Its like watching a game in a pub with 2 really well informed buddies.

Here's a sample:-

[YOUTUBE]xWm92iR04CU[/YOUTUBE]

ps- on the non-english front, Spanish commentaries simply rock, especially one lady who is simply out of this world.

Here's a sample:

[YOUTUBE]i5wwRWQmC94[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

desoe

Phil is a shite, most of the time Ray is just slapping him behind his head and teaching him lessons about football.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans