3 12.00%
  • Kevin Keatings

4 16.00%
  • Warren Barton

1 4.00%
  • Trevor Francis

6 24.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best La Liga commentator (English)

Jordzibob

Best La Liga commentator (English)

Ok, so thought I'd do a poll on this as its something I've wondered for a while, who do you think is the best La Liga commentator, on Sky?

I think its between Rob Palmer, Gerry Armstrong, Terry Gibson, Kevin Keatings, Trevor Francis and Warren Barton

Imo Kevin Keatings, the guy who did the Dream Team commentary, along with Gerry Armstrong, is the best. I cant stand Rob Palmer and it irritates me how he's given all of the big games, he sounds like one of the pikeys from Real Madrid tv, one of the most terrible programmes I've ever seen (anyone who's seen it will know what I'm talking about, they are overthetop biased, they will pick a match to replay and literally IGNORE the other team, whenever they score or get the ball there is just silence on the commentary, as a pose to the sporadic praising of Madrid players even if they make an absolutely terrible mistake). But anyway, yes, Rob Palmer with his cockney voice, and Warren Barton (who doesnt know a thing about Spanish football) annoy me. Go Kevin Keatings!

I know Terry Gibson and Gerry Armstrong are generally used as "secondary" commentators, as in the people who back up the main commentator, Lol i dont know the name for that role...but I think they should be in here. Plus Gerry Armstrong is a legend, lol, so he's in there.
    Last edited by Jordzibob; 2nd August 2009 at 09:43 AM.

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Keatings and Gerry Armstrong. Listen on Youtube to their commentary on Messi's goal against Getafe. I don't mind the other ones. I think I just prefer Gerry Armstrong over Kevin Keatings.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

Jordzibob
    I should have just made it best commentary team. Ok from now on if your voting vote for your favourite commentator, but state who your favourite commentary team is, =].

Visca el fil˛sof!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerry Armstrong's an absolute nob. He's ignorant, ill informed, semi-literate and anti-Barša.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    Barša make Ballon d'Or winners, others have to buy them
    VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UK'S BEST OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS' CLUB
    www.penyaunionblaugrana.co.uk

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like his accent and he's quite funny. Kevin Keatings is great as well. I also like Mark Bolton the anchorman and Graham Hunter. Balague is okay looking through everything with anti-barca mindset.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

Jordzibob
    I didnt really like Mark Bolton at first but he's grown on me alot, to the point that at the beginning of this year there was a new guy doing it for like one episode because Mark was on holiday, and was actually pissed off, =] I like a bit of familiarity. The programme is alot better than Match of the Day, despite the guy doing the smaller matches who manages to pronounce almost every name wrong, lol. One of the funniest moments this year was Dani Alves, "That is Guapa". Cracked me up so much

King of the Bottomless Pit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point of asking who the best Sky commentator is, when Ray Hudson is so far above everyone else?
    Beneath an exterior of cold metal burns a soul as bright as a dying star, the essence of a being who sought to rule the galaxy. With his dreams stripped away from him as easily as his dying flesh, Corrosion now exists only to seek his revenge. No mercy will be granted by the drone as this feature was removed in the last operating system update.

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, Ray from GolTV is the best La Liga commentator!!!

Love is All
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Gerry Armstrong for me. I seem to enjoy the match even more when he commentates.

Adolfo Valencia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    What's the point of asking who the best Sky commentator is, when Ray Hudson is so far above everyone else?
    QFT

Esteve

Gerry Norrrnn Ireland/Mighty Mallorca Armstrong.

Visca el fil˛sof!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe people actually like that guy, I find him totally insufferable and he's always sucking madrid cock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta
    Barša make Ballon d'Or winners, others have to buy them
    VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UK'S BEST OFFICIAL SUPPORTERS' CLUB
    www.penyaunionblaugrana.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i' ve never heard Gerry Armstrong make any anti-Barca comments...He always cmes across fairly neutral to me.

Esteve

Don't get me wrong, I don't like him at all. I'm used to Sky wanking over Madrid week in, week out. I was just pointing out how he's from Norrrrnn Ireland & how he never fails to mention how he once played for the "mighty Mallorca" back in the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the one from GolTv well they are two commentators and both are greats...but the special one is Ray Hudson.

Here u go:

Last edited by TiTi; 2nd August 2009 at 09:42 PM.