Would a player choose Citys money or United's prestige ?

J

Jordzibob

To be honest as a professional if I had no ties to either club I'd take the one paying me twice as much especially as Citeh look to be serious about building a competitive team.

Exactly, pretty much answers the question to be honest. If you dont have an emotional tie with the club then naturally, your going to take the bigger money option. If however, you do have proper ties with the club, you should stay at the club. Hence the reason players like Ronaldo have now lost a large amount of respect. And of course, lets not forget the obvious ****, *Puts Figos head on the end of a spiked pole*....we hate you Luis Figo.

maz

I walk the line
I think the original post implies that "suppose you are a player such as shay given with no ties or allegiances for or against either club. Then who would you choose".

J

Jordzibob

Technically, we should dislike Given for his move to Man City. So many other players are being slagged off for moving there just for the money. However....I think the fact that he jumped off a sinking ship makes it ok, though Newcastle arent really a ship anymore....more of a canoe...with holes in it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Given is a wrong example as he has spent most of his career at newcy, stayed out of loyalty when bigger clubs were interested and it was only when we thrashed them 5-1 that he realized that he had to leave them to stand any chance at all of winning a trophy in his career.

J

Jordzibob

Yeh thats a good point, I like Given for how loyal he was to Newcastle, he's generally a very decent guy and a fantastic goalie.....like I said in my last post, he can be excused for the fact that he has been so loyal, plus he didnt want to get relegated, lol.

nebeer

Love is All
I think the original post implies that "suppose you are a player such as shay given with no ties or allegiances for or against either club. Then who would you choose".

Oh, then I would say I would play for City because I want to play with Tevez and Robinho. Especially Tevez.

R

Red Devil

That was the point totally you are not a supporter of any of the two clubs otherwise it would sway your choice.

Given is a wrong example as he has spent most of his career at newcy, stayed out of loyalty when bigger clubs were interested and it was only when we thrashed them 5-1 that he realized that he had to leave them to stand any chance at all of winning a trophy in his career.

For gods sakes I just used his name it wasnt anything about his career it could of been Gareth Barry or Robinho the only fucker it wouldnt be is Tevez

J

Jordzibob

That was the point totally you are not a supporter of any of the two clubs otherwise it would sway your choice.

For gods sakes I just used his name it wasnt anything about his career it could of been Gareth Barry or Robinho the only fucker it wouldnt be is Tevez

....I dont like that Man Utd fans are so resentful towards Tevez. I mean, I understand, he's gone to your rivals etc......but for once, as much as I respect him, blame Alex Ferguson. You payed 30 million for someone who's absolutely **** in Berbatov, and then played him over someone better just because he cost that much. If I had been in Ferguson's position I would have just gone, "Right, yeh, big mistake...BUT he's shown he's crap, so I'll play Tevez instead". The fans loved Tevez, most more than Berbatov, but Tevez is entitled to go anywhere he wants to if he's been cast away by Man Utd, he doesnt owe a loyalty to Man Utd because although the fans showed it to him, the club didnt.

T

Tekken Lord

....I dont like that Man Utd fans are so resentful towards Tevez. I mean, I understand, he's gone to your rivals etc......but for once, as much as I respect him, blame Alex Ferguson. You payed 30 million for someone who's absolutely **** in Berbatov, and then played him over someone better just because he cost that much. If I had been in Ferguson's position I would have just gone, "Right, yeh, big mistake...BUT he's shown he's crap, so I'll play Tevez instead". The fans loved Tevez, most more than Berbatov, but Tevez is entitled to go anywhere he wants to if he's been cast away by Man Utd, he doesnt owe a loyalty to Man Utd because although the fans showed it to him, the club didnt.

Statistically Berbatov>Tevez in everyway, nothing supports your argument. Tevez for the most part of the year sat on 3 league goals finishing with 5, horrible form for a striker. It should be noted he played more games than Berbatov as well. Berbatov may not have impressed, after the FA Cup semi i wanted him gone, but there is no doubt he was better than Tevez. Tevez was gash for most of the season, clearly he didn't understand or appreciate the concept of competing for his place. Can't imagine the hissy fit he'll throw if he's not first choice for City.

Most Man Utd fans i know aren't pissed with Tevez because he left for City, but because of the way he left and the disrespect he showed SAF. Then when we see how Ronaldo left and the class he showed, and most thought him a c*nt. Tevez is clueless, what did he think would happen when he bad mouthed SAF, that the fans wouldn't turn on him? Clearly he's not too bright.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Really trophies are everything and even if a club offered me double my current salary but where in no position to win things then I would turn them down.

People don't remember you for what you earn but for what you win.

J

Jordzibob

Statistically Berbatov>Tevez in everyway, nothing supports your argument. Tevez for the most part of the year sat on 3 league goals finishing with 5, horrible form for a striker. It should be noted he played more games than Berbatov as well. Berbatov may not have impressed, after the FA Cup semi i wanted him gone, but there is no doubt he was better than Tevez. Tevez was gash for most of the season, clearly he didn't understand or appreciate the concept of competing for his place. Can't imagine the hissy fit he'll throw if he's not first choice for City.

Most Man Utd fans i know aren't pissed with Tevez because he left for City, but because of the way he left and the disrespect he showed SAF. Then when we see how Ronaldo left and the class he showed, and most thought him a c*nt. Tevez is clueless, what did he think would happen when he bad mouthed SAF, that the fans wouldn't turn on him? Clearly he's not too bright.

They were both poor this season, but the difference is that Tevez worked his socks off every game, defensively, attacking, he contributed more to the team with his workrate than his goals. Dimitar Berbatov on the other hand, sat back and did **** all, there are very few occasions when he moves. I didnt mind that at Tottenham, because when he got the ball hhe did something magical with it......that really hasnt happened at Man Utd, he's just looked like a £30 million pile of shit. If Man Utd had spent that 30 million elsewhere, like their CM this season, instead of buying another striker (which they didnt need) then maybe the CL final would have been a bit different. And tbh, I'm usually on SAF's side, have the greatest respect for him, but I take the same side I did with Eto when he was difficult with us, I dont feel like either Man Utd or Barca showed either player any loyalty, so Imo Tevez had every right to badmouth Ferguson. I dont think they needed another striker, I can totally see the justification in buying him as he was amazing at Tottenham, but he hasnt performed at all.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Basically pro man.u people will say Berbatov is better

The rest will say Tevez is better.

The rest are correct!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Tevez was important in the 07/08 season. He scored 5 in the CL, 14 in the Premiership, scored in the penalty shootout against Chelsea and almost all the goals he scored that season were important.

T

Tekken Lord

Berbatov's languid style makes him appear far more lazier than he is, made me think he was a complete waste of space. Statistically Berbatov works harder on the pitch than Tevez, covers more metres, makes more tackles, more intercepts, greater percentage of wins etc. Everything favours Berbatov except that his style of play gives the illusion that he isn't putting in the effort, just like Tevez allways looks like he's giving his all.

So you would go into the season with only two strikers, one who has a history of getting injured? What most people don't seem to get was 07/08 Tevez competed for his place with Saha, Berbatov was Saha's replacement. Because Saha was mainly injured Tevez played alot in 07/08 and was great. Berbatov was not injured and his form for the most part was better than Tevez, and was rightfully higher up on the pecking order. Unfortunately Tevez couldn't understand competing for his place in the side, didn't get played enough in his opinion (he played more than enough). He rejected our offer, clearly the situation at the club was no longer for him, and if he would just have kept his mouth shut i would have wished him all the best and so would i imagine other Man Utd fans.

Home of Barca Fans