Sir Bobby Robson 1933-2009

maz

I walk the line
I merged the topics into here.

Respect to sir bobby. I think its safe to say you wont find a single person with a bad thing to say about the guy. There have been countless tributes to him on the radio today. Its interesting hearing all the anecdotes about him.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What do you think was his greatest achievement as a manager?

For me its his spell as Ipswich manager leading a relatively small club to that success on a relatively low budget was a great achievement. Wish in hindsight they would have won the league instead of villa in 81 to get a crack in the european cup. Ipswich were at the time the only team to battle us for the title during the early 80's - villa's success apart - until Everton came along and he left for england. They really battled us hard and we had some great games.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
What do you think was his greatest achievement as a manager?
In 2003 Sir Bobby almost won Newcastle the League, had Craig Bellamy and others not got injured Sir Alex said they probably would have won the league. He gave Newcastle Champions League football ! The same Newcastle that slipped into mediocrity have now been relegated.

A

Andres82

Really sadden by the loss of a true gentleman..:sad:

Rest In Peace Sir Bobby.

You will always be rembered in our hearts.

M

Mido1

RIP Sir. , this is a big loss to football. Sir Robson coached Guardiola during his time in Barcelona. If i'm not wrong, I think it was the season where Ronaldo scored 34 goals or something like that in La Liga. ( I think )

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Journalist: "So Shola, do you have a nickname at the club?"

Shola Ameobi: "Not really, no."

Journalist: "What do the lads call you?"

Ameobi: "Shola."

Journalist: "What does Bobby Robson call you?"

Ameobi: "Carl Cort."

:lol: What a guy.

Kubala

Farewell to a football great.

The words most used to describe him also seem the most apt. One of lifes true gentlemen.
Harshly treated by Barca, I would have loved to see what he achieved with another season or two at our helm.

The best England manager since Ramsey, he will be sorely missed.

Home of Barca Fans