Gheorghe Hagi

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Was a brilliant player with great vision, a great pass and wonderful shot from distance.

Sniperr7

he is inside top 10 players in the football history. but unknown..
so high tecnic, brillant gamer.. he did beat maradona too..

Trickykid

he is inside top 10 players in the football history. but unknown..
so high tecnic, brillant gamer.. he did beat maradona too..

I loved watching him too, and was disappointed he didn't enjoy more success at Barça, and I know how extremely popular he still is at Galatasaray, but top ten in history? Not a chance. As arbitrary and downright impossible as such a list would be, I doubt I'd even fit him in a top 100 or perhaps 200 list.

serghei

I loved watching him too, and was disappointed he didn't enjoy more success at Barça, and I know how extremely popular he still is at Galatasaray, but top ten in history? Not a chance. As arbitrary and downright impossible as such a list would be, I doubt I'd even fit him in a top 100 or perhaps 200 list.

I think he might make top 100. Nowhere near top 10 though, I agree. Maybe his left foot was top 10, he had a brilliant left foot.

raskolnikov

I think he might make top 100. Nowhere near top 10 though, I agree. Maybe his left foot was top 10, he had a brilliant left foot.

Hagi is a bit of a cult hero. But he definitely was really really good. He was awesome at Galatasaray.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I still remember that goal against Colombia in 1994 as it was the best World Cup goal I've seen along with Bergkamp's in 1998.

Windhook

Without a single doubt in my mind the best footballer to have originated from the Balkans. I don't remember much of his Barca career, as Barca matches were rarely televised back then because Hristo Stoichkov at that time had moved to Serie A to play for Parma. But I was lucky to witness what Hagi accomplished at Galatasaray to elevate a bottom 4th CL group stage team into UEFA Cup winner and CL knockout stage contender, in 2000 and 2001, at the age of 35-36 was something beyond impossible. No one at his age could carry a team on his shoulders, not Maradona, I doubt even Messi could mantain Hagi's level when he turns 36. IMO he is one of the main catalysts for the revolution in Turkish football, arrived at the club in 1996 and by 2002 when Turkey finished 3rd at the World Cup, teammates of Hagi had improved so much. The Turkey squad had, I think, 10 Galatasaray (at that point in 2002 some of them former club players) who were the backbone of the national team.

Home of Barca Fans