Henrik Larsson

BBZ8800

In 2003-04, in the first Rijkaard-Laporta-Ronaldinho Season, we were knocked out by Celtic in Uefa Cup, 0:1 and 0:0.
In the next Season, we bought Etoo, Guily, Deco, Edmilson, Larsson and Belletti.

Of course, the draw paired again Barca and Celtic, and Larsson's debut for Barca in a CL was in the 1st round of group stage in Glasgow against his former Celtic ;)

King Henrik entered in the 2nd half and still managed to score a Goal (as always), but he didn't want to celebrate against his former team where he played the whole career:

(Celtic:Barca matches from 2003-04, 2004-05 and 2007-08)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Look who came to visit.

142g968.jpg

Last time I've seen Larsson and Iniesta together was 10 years ago when they both played in Barca Champions League win vs. Arsenal.

El Flaco

I still miss him :(

If Larsson played in the Swedish NT today, he'd be the best player aside Ziatan.

Says a lot about the team...

Last edited:

slicknick

I still miss him :(

If Larsson played in the Swedish NT today, he'd be the best player aside Ziatan.

Says a lot about the team...

Sad but true...Miss his whole generation really, not to mention that legendary 1994 WC squad of Sweden.
How far Swedish football has declined in the past years (particularly for the past year or so) is just saddening

El Flaco

Sad but true...Miss his whole generation really, not to mention that legendary 1994 WC squad of Sweden.
How far Swedish football has declined in the past years (particularly for the past year or so) is just saddening

The Swedish football itself was never really impressive tbh, even when Henke still played.

El Flaco

If you ever wonder why Henke (and his team Helsingborg IF) came to visit our training, it's because they spent a part of their pre-season nearby from the city.

BarcaOG

Banned
A model professional and an indispensable member of our 2006 CL-winning squad. Happy to see him visiting! I have to admit I didn't recognize him at first.

TonyStarkCSC

Got a tear in my eye, reminiscing of the good days at Celtic and Barcelona with Henrik 'The King of Kings' Larsson.

Absolutely superb player and makes me so proud to be a supporter of both clubs and know that one of footballs all time greatest ever players graced both clubs and done so much for both.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Got a tear in my eye, reminiscing of the good days at Celtic and Barcelona with Henrik 'The King of Kings' Larsson.

Absolutely superb player and makes me so proud to be a supporter of both clubs and know that one of footballs all time greatest ever players graced both clubs and done so much for both.

Different times too. And better ones. Despite our trophy haul since 2009. Just feels like football has been tainted and more about money as we go forward.

El Flaco

An extract of Henke's One-on-One interview with FourFourTwo regarding his time at Barcelona

How difficult was the decision to leave Celtic and join Barcelona?
John Boyd, via Twitter

It was hard but I felt that if I didn’t score for a couple of games, the media would say, “He’s not the same Larsson any more” and I wanted to quit while I was ahead. I had one year left on my contract and, in order to stop all the speculation, I wanted to declare as early as possible that I wouldn’t sign an extension at Celtic – I didn’t want any misinterpretations. There were more than 30 clubs interested, and I was looking to Spain because my dream was to play somewhere warm. I didn’t want to be fighting relegation, so I thought I would be pleased if it was a team in the middle. But then Barça came in and I said, “Yes!”

After losing the Champions League final with Arsenal in 2006, Thierry Henry said: “People will talk about [Samuel] Eto’o and Ronaldinho a lot, but they should be talking about the players who made the difference like Henrik Larsson with his two assists.” How did his words make you feel?
Jonny Ritchie, via Facebook

It was great to hear that from a player like him. Coming on and contributing to turning the game was fantastic. When Eto’o and [Juliano] Belletti scored, I just felt, ‘Yes!’ As a kid you dream about the Champions League. That was the best moment of my career, without a doubt.

Ronaldinho described you as his idol. How was your relationship with him?
Andy Evans, via Facebook

He used to joke every morning, “Hey, idolo, idolo!” That was great! It wasn’t just about what he did on the pitch; you have to realise the pressure he was under at a club like Barcelona. I take my hat off to him for still being able to come in every morning with a big smile on his face. He’s a great human being.

Did you know how special Lionel Messi was going to be when he was breaking into Barcelona’s first team?
Jim Savage, via Twitter

I remember saying to Giovanni van Bronckhorst when we were in Asia on a pre-season tour: “Who’s that guy?” When I saw him in practice there, I thought, ‘Wow’. The close control, the balance – it was all there, even back then. He was good then, but now he's great. At the time he didn't have all to do everything he's doing now, but sometimes in practice you'd still think. 'Woah, clucking hell.'

Why did you decide leave Barcelona?
Xavier Tort, via Faceb

I didn’t want to be on the bench any more. I felt that I still had a few good years left in me and I wanted to play. That’s why I came here to play in Sweden, plus my son was 10 and I wanted to give him the opportunity to call somewhere home. I made the right decision. I won the Swedish Cup with Helsingborgs but more importantly, if I look at my son, this is his home town, he has met his friends and he’s enjoying his life here.

Home of Barca Fans