Ryan Giggs

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
all-time great and a genius player. fuckin' mesmerising with the ball at his feet. could have been even better were it not for the hamstring problems. but he's still one of the main reasons I'm a football fan (the other being John Barnes).

he's such an old-style player as well, like Zanetti but for attack. both can play all cross two lines (Zanetti defence and midfield, Giggs midfield and attack) and look comfortable, because they're so intelligent in their use of the ball and well-rounded with their skillset. they're both fantastically fit individuals as well, which is why they can play so late into their 30's. I hope he picks Inter for his second testimonial for that very reason.

and yes, like Ed says, he should be Knighted. while he's still playing even. just hand it to him. he's that good.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I remember when he first broke into the side. His pace and control were absoloutly out of this world. Could beat a player for fun.

If only he had started doing Yoga when he was 22. Would of saved him his Halmstring trouble.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
all-time great and a genius player. fuckin' mesmerising with the ball at his feet. could have been even better were it not for the hamstring problems. but he's still one of the main reasons I'm a football fan (the other being John Barnes).

he's such an old-style player as well, like Zanetti but for attack. both can play all cross two lines (Zanetti defence and midfield, Giggs midfield and attack) and look comfortable, because they're so intelligent in their use of the ball and well-rounded with their skillset. they're both fantastically fit individuals as well, which is why they can play so late into their 30's. I hope he picks Inter for his second testimonial for that very reason.

and yes, like Ed says, he should be Knighted. while he's still playing even. just hand it to him. he's that good.

I should improve my sarcasm settings......

(not that he isn't a great player, he is) Though nothing surprises me in this country with knighthoods for the sporting world.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I should improve my sarcasm settings......

(not that he isn't a great player, he is) Though nothing surprises me in this country with knighthoods for the sporting world.

I know you were taking the piss, but I decided to respond as though you were being literal.

:tiphat:

SwiftGuyver

absolute legend.

i fucking hate Man Utd with a passion but this man is one of my favorite players of all time...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Terrific player and impressive what he can still do out there at this age...United have correctly been deemed to be lacking some ingenuity & creativity in the midfield but this winger has provided some terrific assists in the last 2 months

Still think he's going to suffer against Barca as he'll be reduced to chasing the ball for the better part of the match

Home of Barca Fans