Ibrahimovic next season

• Success

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Flop

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
M

Mancs4life

My fingers are crossed for a flop, but I think he will have a successful season.

J

Jordzibob

not this way CA... and i was complaining about Dinho fan boys.. Jeez

...A jibe at me? I did move my posts!

And for me, flop. I just have a feeling its not going to work. Obviously its hypocritical of me to say, I just cant judge him, I've never seen him play in Serie A because of the lack of coverage, he's not great for Sweden or in the Champions League......people in England are far too quick to jump on anyone who doesnt perform well in Europe and say they are crap, but I just dont think its going to work. Of course I want it to, but theres a feeling of negativity for me around this, I'm resentful because of the weight of his transfer fee aswell, if he scores less than 30 goals then he hasnt lived up to it....it seems harsh, but its the truth, its a ****** huge amount we've payed for him, he better do the business.

Moe

powered by;
he mite not score as much as eto'o but he will surely not be a flop.. he'll make us speechless at moments with his breathtaking goals and skill.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
...A jibe at me? I did move my posts!

And for me, flop. I just have a feeling its not going to work. Obviously its hypocritical of me to say, I just cant judge him, I've never seen him play in Serie A because of the lack of coverage, he's not great for Sweden or in the Champions League......people in England are far too quick to jump on anyone who doesnt perform well in Europe and say they are crap, but I just dont think its going to work. Of course I want it to, but theres a feeling of negativity for me around this, I'm resentful because of the weight of his transfer fee aswell, if he scores less than 30 goals then he hasnt lived up to it....it seems harsh, but its the truth, its a ****** huge amount we've payed for him, he better do the business.

Sorry, but you really can't comment if you haven't watched him in the league, it's where 70% of his annual performance goes. It's exactly the same situation as Messi last year where most people in the UK who criticized him only knew of him from the CL and Argentina, and had no idea what he could really do.

Ish Kabibble

I have no doubt he'll be successful. Of course, if you define successful as scoring 35 goals, you're likely to be disappointed. But his mixture of goalscoring, assists, creativity, aerial ability, ballhandling, etc., will surely add a dynamic new piece to the Barcelona attack. What's not to like? :2145960713mundoemot

veryfatchocobo

I actually think he'll flop knowing our expectations of a player. He's not a targetman. He's not a back-at-goal striker, either. All the times I've seen him in a 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3, depends on how you look at roles), he has always drifted to the wings. We'll see what happens though. <_<

N

nashy07

i had my doubts but i think he'll be a huge success an definately a fan fav..

J

Jordzibob

Sorry, but you really can't comment if you haven't watched him in the league, it's where 70% of his annual performance goes. It's exactly the same situation as Messi last year where most people in the UK who criticized him only knew of him from the CL and Argentina, and had no idea what he could really do.

I think with Ibrahimovic, English people disliking him is more ignorance, they just have only seen him perform poorly in the CL and International because thats their only way to see him play. Messi however, is on all of the time in England, Spanish football every weekend, many of them will have watched him perform yet STILL said he was crap, just because they didnt want to believe the idea that English teams, AMAZINGLY, arent the best in football.......(nor have they ever been). I just read an article on Ibrahimovic that actually has changed my perspective of the player quite alot, so feeling a little bit more positive on this one now.

Home of Barca Fans