Who are your football icons?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
:lol:

Andres Iniesta - The perfect midfielder. If I was able to chose who I wished I could emmulate, it would be him. And I also wish I was born in the 60's or 70's where Iniesta's ability would absolutely destroy opponents before I got hacked to death.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Having only got into football the past four years i'd have to say Nesta - the best defender i've ever seen pure class, Xavi - I've never seen a better player, makes everything look easy and makes world class players look like they've never played football before and Iniesta what a player and comes across as such a humble guy.

W

woobie

For me, it's a coinflip between Marco Van Basten and Franco Baresi. Amazing, amazing players, the pair of them. (and yes, I'm old enough to have seen both play live).

andresiniesta, I've actually met Nesta (ran into him, much to my shock). He was a very nice guy, very down to earth, good sense of humor, and was remarkably patient with my somewhat stumbling Italian.

jamrock

Kluivert: The most complete striker of my time
Rivaldo: The most complete attacking player of his generation, could play in any area of the attacking 3rd and look world class
Veron: the man is his lazio days was just magical
Ronaldinho: no one gives me the feeling about football that this man does, pure magic
Xavi: the best midfielder i have seen yet, makes everyone around him better, the true definition of a world class player and legend of this beautiful game, I SALUTE YOU XAVI.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Scholes, Xavi and Deco are three players that i enjoyed watching the most over the last 10 odd years...

Messi, Dinho and Titi aswell, but i just love creative midfielders.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Diego Maradona, Gabriel Batistuta, Matias Almeyda, Fernando Redondo, Lionel Messi, Javier Zanetti, Claudio Lopez, Gigi Buffon and Paolo Maldini.

V

vittorio

zidane & xavi for me..
i was always angry that the best player i've seen played didnt wear a shirt of Barca but now im watching messi&xavi and its so hard to decide who is/was better... :icon_confused:

I

Iniesta6

1. Iniesta
2. Xavi

The passes that these players give... just 1 word: incredible! Just looking at these players, and I become happy

Pedro17

Visca El Barca
For me, first would be Diego Maradona because when I was a young kid playing he was beyond amazing! Now, I would say Leo Messi because he is so talented and such an amazing player. I will not leave out Diego Forlan though, this guy to me is an amazing player and he is good guy in and out of futbol.

Home of Barca Fans