USA

B

beautifulgame

I don't understand people like you on this board... You make these broad and subjective statements, but you never back them up with facts.

Fair enough. What did you think of the game?

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Both teams DID suck though, they lacked creativity in the final third, especially England...the fact that Shrek didn't touch the ball until the 17th minute and couldn't touch the ball inside the US's penalty area until the 71st minute says it all. The US had a decent enough game defensively but had a few blips and had trouble breaking down the English defense until Carragher came on.

sMiLeYz

Inter Milan like performance from USA really, aside from the slip up on Gerrard... an player that played his first 90 minutes in 7 months and an Championship player (Oneywu and DeMerit) made Rooney invisible the entire first half.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Yeah, while you were gone we were discussing about what Pepe Silvia would be thinking about the result of the match...no. I'm talking about general sentiments about the match in the US, and I do live in the US in case you were wondering

Juan03

that was one of the most entertaining games of WC so far. USA deserved to win what an awful call by the ref to disallowed a perfect legit goal

sMiLeYz

The USMNT does not play the best football but they play with HEART, which is more than I can say for my second favorite team Spain right now. The US was a falsely disallowed goal from one of the greatest comebacks in World Cup history against Slovenia. If you can watch that game without feeling some emotion, than you are dead inside.

I take that back, USA played much better football than England. Algeria has been really impressive in possession but lacking that final touch. This Group is wide open.

iced1776

RAGE Maurice Edu's goal was completely disallowed like Bojan's goal against Inter.

This is NOTHING, and I mean absolutely NOTHING like Bojan's disallowed goal. For Bojan's goal there was still a questionable handball, what we saw today was a ref quite literally blowing his whistle when the only even remotely questionable infractions were being commited by Slovenian players. Utter bullshit, we were flat out robbed, no two ways about it. Fuck that bald moron he can't even give an explanation as to what he called because I don't think he even knows. I think his nerves overwhelmed his feeble brain and blew the whistle for no reason.

Merv

The best games thus far in the WC were today.

I'm so frustrated on behalf of our boys for the disallowed goal. They showed grit coming from 2-0 down in the second half though and I'm so proud. We really should have won and I understand there will always be the potential for human error, but it leaves you feeling impotent when you know no explanation will be forthcoming about the decision.

I've never rooted harder for Algeria than today! lol Another exciting game! :D

Pepe Silvia

Can't wait to catch the games later, Merv. According to EVERYone, this shit was just pathetic. It's just the wrap USA gets in WC I guess. As long as USA keeps on trying hard and pressing, justice should be served. No sense in giving up.

Merv

Can't wait to catch the games later, Merv. According to EVERYone, this shit was just pathetic. It's just the wrap USA gets in WC I guess. As long as USA keeps on trying hard and pressing, justice should be served. No sense in giving up.

You knew we were the underdogs coming into the tournament. Having a win snatched away is difficult to take. I've watched all the replays and the different angles and can't see anything that would have it disallowed. Neither can any of the commentators who have talked about it since.

My opinion...."we wuz robbed!" ;)

You'll enjoy the games for sure. Algeria...what tenacity!!!!!!!

iced1776

After watching the goal replay for the 10th time it was clearly a bad call, no doubt about it. But it wasn't even close to the worst fake offsides call I've seen, and this game comes with occasional unfair moments like that. I think the American reaction is over the top, at least we didn't miss out on the Cup completely because of blatant cheating like Ireland did.

So is that what the actual call was, offside? On who??? Bradley, who if he was in an offside position, which I don't believe he was, was only there because he was tossed there by the Slovenian defender trying to give him a bearhug?

Maybe I'm still riled up, but I think this call was every bit as bad as the handball. Its far more excusable to miss a call than to consciously stop play knowing there was no infraction.

Home of Barca Fans