USA

D

dotSC

the-cowardly-lion.jpg

Fixed your post there, Lemmi.

...Yeah, thats more a more accurate photo.;)

Lemmi

The Reckoner
lion_grabs_heron_530.jpg

the eagle never stood a chance.

it should be an interesting game, but i think the strengths of the USA wont be particularly best suited to playing us. if lennon hits the ground running he will torture your left back.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Czech, for me, have looked the better side...US, of course, are fielding mostly reserves and have looked pretty out of sync, for me.

Onyewu doesn't look 100%...Beasley might find a place with Bradley but he's not really a natural defender which makes him a pretty big question mark, IMHO...I assume Bradley wants to use him as some sort of speedy wingback but DeMarcus rarely takes defenders on 1v1 anymore soooo

Buddle looks like he has some potential but still lacking some basic skills in terms of technique, IMHO...EJ remains an enigma, IMHO

Very boring match, tbh

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
God Usa are so so so so bad Barça athletic could get a result from them... They have no plan at all, who is coaching this team they hoof the ball in the air and pray.. they will be Raped at the world cup, not even an organized side. England will have a field day

D

dotSC

That was an experimental line up, guys. Go easy. We learned what we needed to learn.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
That was an experimental line up, guys. Go easy. We learned what we needed to learn.

Which waaas? usa has 3 decent players and they all were on the bench? I been following them a bit since i moved here.... i simply cannot watch the matches though so ridiculously boring

D

dotSC

Which waaas? usa has 3 decent players and they all were on the bench? I been following them a bit since i moved here.... i simply cannot watch the matches though so ridiculously boring

All but 2 of our starting line-up from the confederations cup played last night. One (Onyewu) is coming back from a 7 month injury. That was his first real game since he was injured, and the other we already knew sucked (Bornstein). We just have 0 depth at his position. We tested a really solid defender (Goodson) and he passed. Also, We learned one of our new strikers (Gomez) can translate his good club form to the international level.

Look, I'm not trying to excuse the loss last night it's unacceptable, but this was a team of individuals trying to make that last couple of spots on the plane to SA. Some played team ball, others played for themselves. No matter who we put out there we're not going to play like Spain or Brazil. Everyone knows this. We're still finding our in the world.;)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
dotSC has a fair point, it wasn't a real display of what the US can do...Still, it did illuminate two very real truths...One, there is little to no depth on Team USA - particularly in terms of the midfield and players with half decent ball skills...The lack of technique outside a precious few on Team USA remains pretty remarkable, IMHO

The other is that the US, for me, remains at least a decade or two behind producing generations of talented footballers...Still seeing crossover players with good athletic tangibles but little in the way of understanding how to play the game let alone technique...There are no real lethal strikers, no technically proficient midfielders, no one to pull the strings in midfield, no short passing game and no understanding of movement (Both with & without the ball).

Everytime I watch Team USA, I just get this overwhelming sense of 'pretenders' rather than contenders...A side full of players giving the appearance of footballers...The players from the starting XI who have some legit skills are already well known but they represent such a small fraction of what really is working for the NT...And for a country with 300 million plus people, it sure looks strange to only have a handful of them

Give it time I guess, they'll get there but for now, I agree, it can be painfully boring at times

Fiódor

I won't bother. They look terrible, but it is simply impossible to make any predictions for this team after what DeMerit and Onyewu did in Confed Cup.

Home of Barca Fans