USA

N

Nwankwo

The TOEFL test I assume? Judging by your written English you will get over 100 points with ease. It's honestly not that challenging. I do recommend you to do the practise tests so you see how the test is structured. Time can get short so it's good to know what's expected beforehand

LA, hopefully :)

I still need to take a "test of English as foreign language" later this month. Have to score at least 100 out of 120 to be able to apply to Oxy so we'll see how that goes. Most colleges ask for a 70-80 score so it looks like a no go but you never know of course. Depends on how difficult the test is.
Even if I score over 100 I still need to be accepted.

Richard.H

I think it was a bad decision by Klinsmann to leave Donovan out. He is absolutely vital to their creativity up front and in the middle. They essentially went full-strength mode in this WC. A little bit more creativity and technical ability (provided by Donovan) would've done wonders to this team.

yea you'll get the TOEFL easily i think
And LA is like the one place in the world where you need a car

Sad that the US got out, but belgium deserved this one. Howard was epic though

They were way better in this world cup than I expected them to be. I really thought they could pull off the upset against Belgium, kinda sad they went out. Especially for Howard.

BerkeleyBernie

Still a ways to go, but a great step forward into the present era for the USMNT. Even though they were forced to bunker down against Belgium, they've tried to play pleasing attacking football with more possession and use of the midfield. I've found the USMNT's hoofball truly unwatchable in past years, but I'll be looking forward to their continued development. I expect in the next 4-8 years to see more high caliber players making it into European football and increasing the depth of talent on the national team.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yedlin and Green both look to be great prospects, no doubt exciting times for the US team are ahead, with a solid core that can only improve and exciting young players coming up they might be quite a good team the next World Cup (more so than they already were).

dakt

So they say no one watches football in merica?

Nice to see them finally discovering the beauty of the game. Not the fan, but they were really good in this WC.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans