Daniele De Rossi

Evil

Shabazz
Even in terms of skill and talent I rate Yaya higher than De Rossi, Yaya can dribble, shoot, and make some of the best long passes .. he's a complete player if you ask me, the only thing he could add to his game is a little speed, but he's a really big player physically so you can't expect him to fly around the pitch. Also like someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't swap Yaya for De Rossi, because playing with Xavi and Iniesta, Yaya is the perfect holding midfielder to compensate for the lack of physical precense in midfield, and De Rossi isn't a giant by any means.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm sorry but de rossi is magnificent. we musn't forget he's playing in an absolutely woeful roma side.

in terms of pretty much everything technical he is superior to yaya. just look at the goal he scored against man utd in the 7-1 defeat at old trafford. if that goal was in a game that was in any way close it would be lauded to this day, it was THAT good.

I don't know that he's better as a DM because yaya is very tall which means he's good at jabbing his long legs in and making interceptions, which is something he does quite a lot to good effect. but as a CM de rossi is definitely superior.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Roma are worse than woeful they just don't have IT. Don't know what it is but they don't have it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. I accidentally deleted De Rossi thread. Good news, it had only 1 page of posts and the first post was goal.garbage quote.
Must be the lack of sleep, apologies.

Beast

The Observer
:lol:

very good player.. wasted in Roma.. he is a big plus to any team..sadly he is a romanista which means he will probably rot there

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Is De Rossi about 25 ? My friend thought he was like 21. The Italians don't have many young stars, their team is full of 30 odds.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Santon, Chiellini, Giovinco, Balotelli, Rossi, Aquilani, De Rossi, Montolivo... all under 25

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
:lol:

very good player.. wasted in Roma.. he is a big plus to any team..sadly he is a romanista which means he will probably rot there

An excellent player. But he's not wasted. He's going to be the next icon of roma, just like totti. Totti may not win anything, but he's one of the gods of rome. He stand with jupiter, minerva and the others. He's more important than the mayor of rome. When he got injured before WC '06, even the prime minister of italy visited him.

Yes it's true, winning titles is important. But i'm very sure, not every player have the same status like totti have. And de rossi is on the verge to be totti successor. He's not wasted in rome, he may well be get something else that almost every player could only dream.

O yeahh, bojan...if u drunk...stay away from the computer.....:lol:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I've never favoured Italians in any other league than Serie A. I just don't think it works for them due to their culture and attitude.

Beast

The Observer
An excellent player. But he's not wasted. He's going to be the next icon of roma, just like totti. Totti may not win anything, but he's one of the gods of rome. He stand with jupiter, minerva and the others. He's more important than the mayor of rome. When he got injured before WC '06, even the prime minister of italy visited him.

Yes it's true, winning titles is important. But i'm very sure, not every player have the same status like totti have. And de rossi is on the verge to be totti successor. He's not wasted in rome, he may well be get something else that almost every player could only dream.

O yeahh, bojan...if u drunk...stay away from the computer.....:lol:

Staying in Roma is wasting your career , a big fish in a small pond.. and when the posh comes to shovel on the Int level you crack cause you don't have this winning mentality that differentiate winners from good players
that's the difference between the likes of Totti and the likes Pirlo ,Del Piero or Cannavaro

Roma is content ending 10th, 4th ,5th ,3rd but they will never had this special winning mentality of the likes of Juve,Milan & Inter...
De Rossi should move now to any of the big boys

I've never favoured Italians in any other league than Serie A. I just don't think it works for them due to their culture and attitude.

Zola,Vieri,Simone,Vialli
Cananvarro not that bad in all honesty.. just 4-5/8 years too late :thumbdown:

same for Zambo

Cassano is an obvious failure :banghead: due to his crazy personality

Home of Barca Fans