Ligue 1

Jair Ventura

Fekir is fouled in the box, leading to Nice having a man sent off and Gonalons converting a penalty. 1-1 with about 30 minutes to go

raskolnikov

Fucking Lyon, had them at 1x as the only one left to win a 450 combo... against number 15 with 10 people they still fail. Reminder to myself to never bet on this mediocre league again, choke on a baguette, surrender and quit football.

StarLord

Fuck.

PSG having it all their way, when we need them to be under pressure. How incompetent could Lyon really be? Losing to a 10-man side, only scoring a penaldo etc....tstststs. This is not very good for us.

Jair Ventura

Fuck.

PSG having it all their way, when we need them to be under pressure. How incompetent could Lyon really be? Losing to a 10-man side, only scoring a penaldo etc....tstststs. This is not very good for us.

Well, the 10 man side went ahead on a penalty. Though legit, it came off a deflection where two players collided. Lyon's penalty was also legit, and they created plenty of chances to score even without Lacazette, but Nice had an amazing game. Particularly Eduardo, Amavi, and Pouplin(the keeper).

That's Ligue 1 for you.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Was hung over this morning so I missed a lot of ties I wanted to see, but I'm happy to see Monaco playing so well. Think they have a legitimate chance against Juventus with Pirlo and Pogba being out.

Ligue 1 is exciting as ever though. There's only 7 points separating the top 5 teams, with the 3rd and 4th place sides having games in hand. Each one of them: Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Monaco, and Saint Etienne; have genius recruiting and thriving youth systems that are actively producing wonder kids for sides across their senior sides. Rabiot and Areola for Paris. Florian Thauvin and Benjamin Mendy at Marseille. Lacazette(dont know if he counts anymore, but I digress) and Fekir at Lyon. Martial and Fabinho for Monaco, Allan Saint Maximin at Saint Etienne. And that's not even getting into the immense talent hidden on some of the mid table sides such as Diego Rolan, Jordan Amavi, Paul Georges Ntep, Benjamin Lecomte, and so on.

Things finally seem to be stabilizing a bit. Not quite there yet, but things competitive TV contracts and clubs looking to expand/build new stadiums, things are certainly improving. Exciting time for French football.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Michy just picked up his 7th goal of the season for OM. He's accomplished this in 5 starts, 13 subs, and 673 minutes.

edit: picked up his 8th in extra time.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

One of the better Ligue 1 matches I've seen between Paris and Marseille today. Really impressed with how far the quality of football has come in such a short time.

Auxerre made it to the french cup final

BRING US PSG !!! :suarez:

Just 5 points from third place too with 8 games left, Ligue 1 promotion could happen too !

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans