Ligue 1

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
She sounded like an idiot...In fairness to Barton, it's a common consequence of attempting to assimilate which is to develop a rhythm of speech that mirrors the language spoken...Plus, it makes it easier for those in the area to understand rather than some scouse dialect...I've done similar when speaking English en Suisse after being immersed in French

It still is a bit retarded. Funny at best, offensive at worst. Knowing its Barton, people didn't take it seriously

Back on topic, PSG , Lyon and Marseille are top of the league. PSG are going to maintain their collective form, and Lyon will be their number one contender. Marseille is inevitably going to drop points, it is a miracle they have gotten so many points already. The way things are going, I see Rennes finishing third, provided they don't bottle it, which is a trademark move of theirs

Last edited:
Clement is actually a very decent guy.

Turns out I was wrong about Marseille. But the miracle can't continue for long.
Now to the real deal. FFF president Noel le Graet (70+ year old senile corrupt idiot) just asked Monaco to pay up 200M euro if they do not wish to relocate their hq in France, in order to pay the same taxes as everyone else. While Monaco truly should pay the same taxes as every club in the league, and get a few years to implement this, Le Graet's alternative is simply the most disgusting thing I have ever seen from any developed football federation. Monaco will kick that shit out, and unfortunately bye doing so, develop some ground to justify what is not justifiable ; unfair tax advantages.

Monaco made official the transfer of Porto players Moutinho and Rodriguez for respectively 25m and 45m. Rodriguez is the new most expensive L1 player ever. Tasteless, awful, obnoxious, qualify it !

About Monaco's fiscal policies, a middle ground might be to broker an official or unofficial agreement with the club to enroll a certain amount of french players under french fiscal laws, but everyone will shout at international rights or something so i can't see it happen

DucdeOrléans

Monaco made official the transfer of Porto players Moutinho and Rodriguez for respectively 25m and 45m. Rodriguez is the new most expensive L1 player ever. Tasteless, awful, obnoxious, qualify it !

About Monaco's fiscal policies, a middle ground might be to broker an official or unofficial agreement with the club to enroll a certain amount of french players under french fiscal laws, but everyone will shout at international rights or something so i can't see it happen

Was about to post that. Madness. AS Monaco is a big club in France so I welcome the competition. What I fear though is a monopoly between PSG and Monaco. Aside from the 7 year long Lyon dominance then Ligue 1 has been the most diverse league in terms of winners in the last 20 years in Europe, out of the 5 big leagues (PL, La Liga, Seria A, Bundesliga & Ligue 1).

I am sure that the current useless government will make an excuse or two. Bloody vampires.

Oh, and another masterstroke by Porto in terms of selling their assets. Definitely a model club in terms of how to buy cheap and then sell expensive to say the least.

Banana-Rama

It is going to be so bizarre seeing all these super expensive players at monaco playing in an 18,500 capacity stadium that doesn't even sell out, there average attendance was 5,293 this season :wacko:

Last edited:
Oh yes. But their Ferraris won't look out of place in the city, so there's that ;)

I believe that both Monaco's staunch refusal to move towards french fiscal conditions, and the FFF's alternative solution of paying up 200 million euros are abject.

edit: the way it should have been done is plain clear: engage in talks AS SOON AS rybolovlev bought the club as it was then clear as day that Monaco would become a massive player and payer in the first division. Not demonize Monaco for trying to hold on to whatever they can or not having renounced "by pureness of heart" their fiscal benefits. Not press them hard about time as this is a massive and understandable argument in their favor (although it wouldn't affect the owner much in truth, nor change his plans). Not propose shady mafia-like direct payments with absolutely no accounting logic behind it

Last edited:
Carvalho signed for Monaco, Falcao expected very soon, latest rumor is 45 mil and 14 mil net a year. Obiously very concerned with potential fiscal changes :lol:

Bertus

Monaco really deserved to win. It's like night and day compared to PSG teamplay.

I said here that they are my favorite to win the title. So far i was right.

I might be a PSG fan, but I have enough, PSG deserves to crash and burn. Can't handle their horrible play anymore.

Muttu

Not like Monaco was super impressive. In fact Bordeaux were somewhat unlucky not to get a draw, two random defensive blunders gave Monaco the win. I still see PSG as definite favorites, their squad compared to Monaco is still far superior, quality and depth wise.

Bertus

Not like Monaco was super impressive. In fact Bordeaux were somewhat unlucky not to get a draw, two random defensive blunders gave Monaco the win. I still see PSG as definite favorites, their squad compared to Monaco is still far superior, quality and depth wise.

It's been a year now that PSG has horrible teamplay.

They should all be ashamed when Monaco who just formed with lots of new players is better than them in this area.

Now PSG stars don't care Im sure, they can still continue like last year with fingers in their butts thinking that Zlatan, Sirigu and TS will do the job. To win against Monaco it won't be enough imho.

That team slacks off all the time. PSG is a pain to watch. There's no movement, bad passes, and bad controls.

A lot of goals other teams score to PSG are due to players like pastore who just lose the Ball like beginners.

Yesterday it happened again. A ball lost for no good reason in their own half, hence a counterattack, and a goal.

TS can't save every big mistakes that should not happen. It's like watching a French league 2 team.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans