Can City ever become a bigger more successfull club than United and Liverpool

• Yes of course

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No chance they have'nt got the history or the fan base

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters
R

Red Devil

There been alot said in the last few days between me and Blueduck so I thought we should put a poll out just to see what people think City can achieve with there new found cash.

City fans clearly feel they can in the long run become just as big a force and club as Manchester United and Liverpool . For me they cant do it United and Liverpool are light years ahead as clubs but what do you think can they catch us up or will we just fend them off like we have with Chelsea and there money?

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Not in my lifetime anyway unless they hire a hit man to take out both of our teams but then again Chelsea would probably win it then!:p

Seriously though the reason it happend for Chelsea so quick was because they we're already a very good team with some very good players like Lampard Terry and Gudjohnson and were in the champions league the season they got taken over so they could attract players that Citteh at the moment can't!

It will take I'd say 5 more years untill Citeh are challenging on a regular basis for the league and major honors

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the reason it happened for chelsea so quick has nothing to do with what they already were.

liverpool were a non-entity when abramovich arrived, united were in transition so all chelsea had to face was the arsenal "unbeatables" and they were taken care of by united in that Battle of OT.

city meanwhile have got to contend with a ridiculously powerful united and liverpool and a fading chelsea team that can still crank out wins with minimal flair. even arsenal, really.

and the answer is of course no. united were, what, 10 behind when liverpool last won one? it's taken them 20 years to get equal. city are starting from nowhere.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
It will took a lot of hard work for city to even could compete with the big 4. And to win the epl? it will take something very special from them. Not in this 5 years city.

Even Arsenal will have bigger chances to win epl titles than city. Arsenal already become a team. All they have to do is keep their excellent youngster, and sign 2 or 3 significant player. And city? they don't have the team, not yet. What they have is a group of player, some are very expensive, they need to build a team.

TheMessiShow

Your question is too complex to be just a yes or no. I don't think it is very likely for them to match Liverpool or United's history, and even if they were, I don't think any fan would accept that the other team has a better history.
In terms of fan base, It will also be difficult and take a very long time and would require enormous success as a club.

I have no doubt that money can lead to a successful club, just as long as the billionaire keeps interest in the club and that they can challenge for a champions league spot they can attract top flight players and offer wages to satisfy them.

We are talking about football and anything can happen. Like when Porto won the CL, Greece winning the Euro, the US beating Spain :(

Beast

The Observer
City needs a lot ..
-first they need to establish a style and Hughes isn't the man to do so...they need to hire a Wenger or Mourinho and give him the helm for 10 years or so..

-second they need to first enter the top 4 and not for a season but for couple of consecutive seasons to establish themselves as a top 4 team

- get some old big name signing who can still perform .. say Trezguet , Ruud..etc .. cause you can't win a thing without proper experience

- Time and consistency

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
No sorry. Those owners have zero patience and tolerance which if they want to turn City into a megaclub they have to have. Fergie took 4 years to win a trophy and 6 years to win the league. City will have maybe one good season and the dream will die.

B

blueduck

No sorry. Those owners have zero patience and tolerance which if they want to turn City into a megaclub they have to have. Fergie took 4 years to win a trophy and 6 years to win the league. City will have maybe one good season and the dream will die.

You know this for a fact do you ?

As our owners have said many times, they will be here for a long, long time.

We don't even think we will achieve what Liverpool or Liverpool have done in the past. So this whole thread is pointless.

R

Red Devil

You know this for a fact do you ?

As our owners have said many times, they will be here for a long, long time.

We don't even think we will achieve what Liverpool or Liverpool have done in the past. So this whole thread is pointless.

BELL END ALERT!!!!

Liverpool and United

36 titles between them lol!!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Maybe they will achieve some short term success but I don't see them altering the balance of power in the long term

Home of Barca Fans