Can City ever become a bigger more successfull club than United and Liverpool

• Yes of course

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No chance they have'nt got the history or the fan base

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters

PaulFCB

Banned
Liverpool said the same thing about Manchester United 20 years ago and surprise...
I think they will eventually overturn Liverpools records but United will continue to win titles too and there's no chance.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Liverpool said the same thing about Manchester United 20 years ago and surprise...
I think they will eventually overturn Liverpools records but United will continue to win titles too and there's no chance.

HAHAHA you think they'll get 18 league titles and 5 CL's..........OK :lol: :lol: :lol:

B

BrianSwan

The answer is obviously yes, they can.

Whether any one on this board will be alive when they do is another story.

Kerrybai

United's revenue and worth is far beyond City's. Even if City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc improve United will always be up there competing. Overturning a 20-3 title lead won't likely happen.

Kerrybai

Didn't United overturn a similar title lead by Liverpool?

Yes they did but a lot of those titles were won in an era where money wasn't quite as big a factor as today. Secondly United's revenue is huge now, they have moved into an elite grouping with Barca, RM and Bayern. I'm not saying United will contine to dominate but there's no way City will overturn that gap over 20-30 years like United did with Liverpool. They are simply too wealthy and money rules these days... Unless of course United have a huge financial collapse.

DavidVillano1

Not a chance for me, I find the circumstances completely different when people mention the whole United catching Liverpool's title success.

United took advantage of marketing around the world and became the dominant player in the EPL when it started becoming huge around the world, this gave them a clear advantage over the rest of the league. Hence their dominance of 14 league titles in 22 years. They were a big club before this success anyway.

People said Chelsea would dominant the league when they become the biggest spenders in the league, but United have pushed them aside, just like they will do with City. The money situation, global identity of Manchester United was more important than City's financial power IMO.

I'd be very surprised if City even reach 5 league titles in the next 15 years. Man United will continue to dominant English football in the next 20 years especially if they find the correct replacement for Ferguson.

dakeb_MCFC

Interesting to read back the last four years on this thread. Seems to be an obsession with City's chances of overtaking United and Liverpool in x number of years.

City will not measure success or failure in terms of overtaking their number of titles in the next twenty years. City are setting up an infrastructure that will place them firmly alongside the biggest clubs in Europe to compete at the top level for the foreseeable future.

Being a top club is about more than just football results and trophies. There is an immense infrastructure being built around east Manchester creating thousands of jobs and educational facilities. There will be an enduring legacy long after Mansour, Mubarak, and any of us here have gone.

The vision is much larger than simply emulating Liverpool and United's trophy count.

One step at a time.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Jenks

The only reason you don't want to play that game is because it's not one you can possibly win. Your sugar daddies are pouring money into infrastructure because they know that those developments are not impacted by FFP. Same reason City want to set up a feeder team in the US. Dirty money is the only reason City are where they are, and it's the only way they'll stay where they are too. City's academy is poor, fancy facilities won't change that. The real test of City's longevity will be the FFP and how strong (weak) it is.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Man United won't win the title for a few years yet. Not under Moyes anyways.

H

Haruko The Goon

City will never ever catch us 2 up. Chelsea have had 6 years and aren't even close.

It's possible. City have a powerful team, but it will take a longgggggggggg time.

If the Billionaires stay and no proper financial rules come into play, yes.

Home of Barca Fans