Can City overturn United and Liverpool's records

Can City ever become a bigger more successfull club than United and Liverpool

• Yes of course

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • No chance they have'nt got the history or the fan base

Votes: 38 90.5%

• Total voters

Salou 10

The owners will get bored eventually and stop putting the cash into the team.Also i would say the new fair play rules will stop them buying everybody.

Chainsaw

Killahead
This question needs AT LEAST a decade to be answered. Man City is pretty much a newbie club among the top dogs. It's way too soon to say if they'll be among the most successful clubs in England and the world or not.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
They have what? 2 league titles?
They'd have to play for atleast 17 years, winning every year, to be able to catch them in PL titles.
As for the CL they might catch United during that time... but I don't think they will, unless the Glazers completely screw them over

Robbie

They need to win the league every season for the next 10 years (and win 5 FA Cups) to match Arsenal's record. The Sheikh would die of old age before they got close to Liverpool or United's. Besides FFP is coming up soon, and either their oil will run out or the sheikh will get bored. It can't go on forever.

Ketoth

City have no chance. They don't have the history nor the fan base. Arsenal will catch up, we have the grounds and the solidarity to do it in the long run but City's success will only be short term, same goes for Chelsea.

Doobs

The Messiah
Even though i voted no, I do think City will be a big threat to the bigger teams at least as of now in competitions like the CL.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Liverpool are too far ahead eventually the owners will leave, i don't think they'll do it but they have a chance to become bigger than Arsenal.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well Liverpool is history at this point, so it's possible. United is another story.

If if its possible to overturn us, by stating that Liverpool is history at this point (I can hardly argue this point at this time) then by essence they'd also overturn man u, seeing as we've won 11 european titles and man u have won what 5 european titles*?

* By european titles I mean CL, Uefa/europa cup, CWC and european super cup.

Jenks

They need to win the league every season for the next 10 years (and win 5 FA Cups) to match Arsenal's record. The Sheikh would die of old age before they got close to Liverpool or United's. Besides FFP is coming up soon, and either their oil will run out or the sheikh will get bored. It can't go on forever.

They've invested a shit-ton in a new academy.

M

mitkoa7x

No way, they can make a decent run of 5 titles in 8 years or something tho.

Robbie

They've invested a shit-ton in a new academy.

Just because they poured tens of millions into it doesn't mean they'll produce world class players. Besides, football is cyclical -- full of swings and roundabouts. They're on top now, but things will change.

Home of Barca Fans