European super league

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
That is the idea of palpatine! It will ruin football. I agree with almost all of you. It's good to see real vs liverpool, or barca vs man utd, but just on several occasion. It's more fun and thrilling to watch liverpool vs everton, or man city vs man utd, or espanyol vs barca, cause they history.

Beast

The Observer
Wait he doesn't mean as in this would be a year long league does he?Or it would just replace the champions league?
Either way I'd hate there is something special about the champions league it's got that history and i love when a small team creates and upset!

Like a couple years ago a team from here in Ireland got to the 3rd round qualifying stage and played Depertivo and drew with them in Dublin and we're only half an hour away from extra time were they could have went through to the group stage would have been an amazing achievement!

Perez just wants glamour ties to get more money into the club so he an buy more "glacticos" IMO

what Nebeer said , it will be a league like .. for example
you take Barca,Real,Valencia, from the liga,Man U ,Arsenal,Liverpool from the EPL..Inter,,Milan,Juve from Serie A, B Munich & Werder (for example ) Lyon,L'OM from Ligue A..etc
create the top 20 teams.. second tier will be league B (teams like Chelsea ,Lyon , Seville..etc)
third tier will be league C (Espanyol,Citeh..etc )
I don't know if (based on the idea that they can apply it ) will be based on the ex G14 clubs or be based on the current position

(p.s the G14 clubs were Real,Barca,Liverpool,Man U , Juve,Inter,Porto,L'OM,PSG,Borussia Dortmund,Ajax,PSV,B Munich,Milan and new members Lyon,Arsenal,Valencia,Leverkusen)
the idea is to have a league for the mighty .. with 3 up and 3 down from the other level each year
that leaves the Champions league to be like the Cup games for this super league..

one thing for sure it will sky rocket the clubs revenue .. Barca /Real..etc make a hell lot more then playing Malaga or co .. unless they get stronger and be promoted to the next level

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I can imagine it would be watched by a bigger audience around the world as it would be on a weekly basis. It would almost turn into a World Super League due to the interest in it, but obviously only made up of European teams.

Definitely don't favour it. Horriblle, horrible idea.

Beast

The Observer
I can imagine it would be watched by a bigger audience around the world as it would be on a weekly basis. It would almost turn into a World Super League due to the interest in it, but obviously only made up of European teams.

Definitely don't favour it. Horriblle, horrible idea.

the problem in including South American teams (or others ) would be the traveling distance which will put a strain on the cost for clubs ..
I've read several articles in the times supporting the idea .. so i don't know but it will come down to the big dogs.. and we all know they chase money and more revenue

u break away with the 20 top clubs and the CL will collapse

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Untill we build super fast travel tubes, which span across the globe, the idea for a World Football League can not be acheived.

F1_STK

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
@wiwo
The Super League project is close to “victory", with major changes in the court rulings having been key to this development. A much more inclusive League that has gained considerably more sponsors after the new modifications.

- There are no permanent clubs
- Each team will be qualified by their position each year in their domestic leagues
- The league will feature 20 clubs from all European leagues that will have a chance to earn a place during the qualification phase
- There will be a second division with 20 teams as well
The Super League will supply fans with financial help in order to attend away games and will strictly limit ticket prices, making them affordable to everybody
Via: [MENTION=12435]Eduard[/MENTION]oHagn

Home of Barca Fans